What's new

Best things about the 2024 Playoffs

I wouldnt be that sure. The league currently is pretty wing-sized, and part of Wemby's perceived dominance lies in his massive height advantage. If I were to put Wemby in the early 2000s to fight with Shaq, Gasol and Ming... I dont know how dominant he would be in that time period.

Meanwhile SGA and Ant are doing their thing against a league that is primed to stop them. There really is no time period in history where they wouldn't be dominant.

I took his post to mean that in 5 years wemby might dominate the league like no one ever has before in NBA history. Like put up crazy numbers. Like average 40 points, 18 rebounds, and 6 blocks per game and win 7 titles in a row or something.
The fact that he doesn't have to go against Shaq, gasol, ming, etc and the fact that the league is primed to stop wings (like you said) would only help wemby to be the most dominant player in NBA history.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I took his post to mean that in 5 years wemby might dominate the league like no one ever has before in NBA history. Like put up crazy numbers. Like average 40 points, 18 rebounds, and 6 blocks per game and win 7 titles in a row or something.
The fact that he doesn't have to go against Shaq, gasol, ming, etc and the fact that the league is primed to stop wings (like you said) would only help wemby to be the most dominant player in NBA history.

I did understand his point but you completely missed mine, which was that the league might not stay as it is for the next 5 years.

The fact that there are not that many really big bigs has less to do with those guys not existing, but more about the league trending small/wing sized and emphasizing perimeter play and shooting... which imo is largely due to the success of Golden State and the style they play. However things are changing again as Steph is getting old and Joker is looking like the current most dominant thing,.... and if you add Wemby as another one, I can guarantee that other teams will start drafting and focusing development more on the bigger centers both to counter those guys and to try and find their own dominant inside guys. That will cause more of them to be drafted and rostered.

This cycle is also nothing new.

I did understand his point but you completely missed mine, which was that the league might not stay as it is for the next 5 years.

The fact that there are not that many really big bigs has less to do with those guys not existing, but more about the league trending small/wing sized and emphasizing perimeter play and shooting... which imo is largely due to the success of Golden State and the style they play. However things are changing again as Steph is getting old and Joker is looking like the current most dominant thing,.... and if you add Wemby as another one, I can guarantee that other teams will start drafting and focusing development more on the bigger centers both to counter those guys and to try and find their own dominant inside guys. That will cause more of them to be drafted and rostered.

This cycle is also nothing new.
Ah I see. This post explained your point way better than the previous one.