What's new

Big poll about the Jazz strategies

What should the Jazz try doing during this offseason and the upcoming season?

• (1) Go full tank in 2024-25

Votes: 45 68.2%
  • (1) Try to be competitive in 2024-25

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • (2) Draft and keep three rookies in 2024

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • (2) Consolidate or trade some 2024 picks

Votes: 32 48.5%
  • (3) Sign good players in free agency with the intention to keep them long-term

Votes: 11 16.7%
  • (3) Use the cap space to sign potential projects or to take bad contracts for picks

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • (4) Keep Lauri

Votes: 36 54.5%
  • (4) Trade Lauri

Votes: 20 30.3%
  • (5) Keep Sexton

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • (5) Trade Sexton

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • (6) Keep and develop Kessler

Votes: 27 40.9%
  • (6) Trade Kessler

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • (7) Keep Collins (or at least wait to trade him until the next offseason)

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • (7) Trade Collins

Votes: 38 57.6%

• Total voters
Which good teams are going to have the cap space to sign him outright? I'm not being cynical. I'm genuinely curious.
Does a team need cap space to sign Lauri if we trade them to him like the poster you quoted suggested?

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

After seeing most of the games in this playoffs, we’re so far away from competing that it’s hard to imagine a world where we’re in the playoffs and competing hard with Lauri still on this team. Teams that failed to make the playoffs like Memphis and Houston this year are light years ahead of us. And teams competing right now aren’t going to suffer from that much drop off. A few months ago I would’ve called you crazy for wanting to shop Lauri. But after seeing these playoffs, I’m pretty much convinced that we’re going to need a complete gut job before things get better. Even if we score big in the next drafts with future Goberts, Mitchells, Dwills, Boozers, etc we still can’t compete against the top 12 or so in the west. We may need to wait this cycle until players like Luka, Joker, and Alexander are older/broken before even dream of competing again.

It’s a bad time to be in the west. Seriously, next year is going to be insane. Most of these teams will be back. Memphis and Houston will be better. Who’s dropping out?
Alexander? As in NAW?

OKC seemed to do it with SGA on board.
Was sga an all star the first year okc acquired him like Lauri was?

Also, just because 1 team can do something doesn't mean another team can.