What's new
  • This community for NHL hockey in Utah will migrate from JazzFanz.com to a stand-alone location in the coming months. For now, lets talk hockey!

Name the team!

Underwhelming. Hadn’t heard Freeze before but I guess it’s okay. Better than most. Please don’t be Yeti.
I guess if we are looking for a Gatorade endorsement Freeze is okay. Yeah, those are really underwhelming. I had a really hard time voting. Also why do I have to put my name and email to vote? Which was name: No. Email: No@NoThanks.com.

Don't get too hung up on it either, chances are it won't sound great when first announced no matter what it is. Look through some NHL team names, weird/awful ones are very common. And your opinion may change over time.

When Seattle got their team I though Seattle Kraken was an awesome name. When I think of it now it seems kind of lame. Not sure what happened. These things take time.

Don't get too hung up on it either, chances are it won't sound great when first announced no matter what it is. Look through some NHL team names, weird/awful ones are very common. And your opinion may change over time.

When Seattle got their team I though Seattle Kraken was an awesome name. When I think of it now it seems kind of lame. Not sure what happened. These things take time.
Dumb NHL team names:

Avalanche
Wild
Predators
Capitals
Kraken
Flames
Canucks
Canadiens
Senators

Powder is so goofy and bad name that it could have the reverse effect. Everyone would crack a joke but would remember the great skiing. It would subtly address the prejudice about Utah...and the jerseys would sell like crazy.

While it would be fun and a fascinating marketing challenge, it is not the best name...Mammoth, Yeti, Swarm, Hive, Venom, Outlaws are fun, good names.

Powder is so goofy and bad name that it could have the reverse effect. Everyone would crack a joke but would remember the great skiing. It would subtly address the prejudice about Utah...and the jerseys would sell like crazy.

While it would be fun and a fascinating marketing challenge, it is not the best name...Mammoth, Yeti, Swarm, Hive, Venom, Outlaws are fun, good names.
Swarm and hive are very Utahn names I guess, but not a fan. Powder is really really awful. Venom I wouldn't hate. Mammoth and yeti are silly but if they made really awesome jerseys and logos I could probably come around.

Swarm and hive are very Utahn names I guess, but not a fan. Powder is really really awful. Venom I wouldn't hate. Mammoth and yeti are silly but if they made really awesome jerseys and logos I could probably come around.
I heard the mascot would be “Willy Mammoth” and he’d be kind of like Snuffleupagus but the nose is more phallic-like.

The Elders
Box Elders
Cottonwoods
Skiers
Brine Shrimp
Bison
Antelope
Nightlife
Republicans
Trumpers

Yeti, Mammoth, or Outlaws seems to be rising to the top and being thrown around a lot. It will be one of those 3 if I was betting.