What's new

Donald is about to go through some things...

This statement is flat out wrong. Yes, gag orders have been struck down based on First Amendment protections. There are two amendments at issue, the First and the Sixth. Most gag orders are upheld on Sixth Amendment grounds, but some gag orders have gone too far and been struck down on First Amendment grounds. Because a balance needs to be struck and each being unique in its own way, gag orders are reviewable. I believe this one goes too far, but I know for absolute fact that you are wrong about gag orders never being struck down on First Amendment grounds.
I meant that gag orders are not inherently violations of the first Amendment.

I haven't heard anything that would make this one a violation.

How would a gag order violate the 6th Amendment?

How would a gag order violate the 6th Amendment?
They don't violate the Sixth Amendment. All gag orders violate the First Amendment, but the Sixth Amendment allows for some violation of the First Amendment in the name of providing a fair trail. So long as the gag order is tailored to providing a fair trial then a reviewing judge will uphold the First Amendment violating gag order on Sixth Amendment grounds. If it extends beyond those bounds then it can be struck down. The gag order on Trump is extended out to cover people that have no bearing on the outcome of the trial, and as such would not be justified by the Sixth Amendment.

If only Trump could talk about this and talk about how the judge is a Biden donor and his daughter literally works for Biden. And I directly quote...

"To Whom It May Concern:

Over the past few weeks I have been asked countless times to comment on reports of an alleged sexual relationship I had with Donald Trump many, many, many years ago.

The fact of the matter is that each party to this alleged affair denied its existence in 2006, 20011, 2016, 2017 and now again in 2018. I am not denying this affair because I was paid “hush money” as has been reported in overseas owned tabloids. I am denying this affair because it never happened.

I will have no further comment on this matter. Please feel free to check me out on Instagram at @thestormydaniels.

Thank you,

Stormy Daniels"

Last edited:
They don't violate the Sixth Amendment. All gag orders violate the First Amendment, but the Sixth Amendment allows for some violation of the First Amendment in the name of providing a fair trail. So long as the gag order is tailored to providing a fair trial then a reviewing judge will uphold the First Amendment violating gag order on Sixth Amendment grounds. If it extends beyond those bounds then it can be struck down. The gag order on Trump is extended out to cover people that have no bearing on the outcome of the trial, and as such would not be justified by the Sixth Amendment.
Exactly... I would like to know how the Judges daughter who all but works for the Biden administration is protected from scrutiny. Why can't Trump no point out that she has worked for Kamala and Biden? Why can't Trump not expose that the Judge is an ardent Biden supporter? What rule exactly is being broken here?

The former House speaker told Yahoo Finance on Tuesday that he doesn't plan to vote for the former president, adding he would be writing in a Republican candidate instead.

“Character is too important for me,” Ryan told us at the Milken Institute Global Conference. “[The presidency] is a job that requires the kind of character [Trump] doesn’t have.”

Sent from my OPD2203 using Tapatalk

So Trump and the Republican National Committee, after years of trying to demonize mail ballots ahead of presidential contests, now want to make it sound somehow corrupt to count them after Election Day.

That could disenfranchise millions of voters, especially in some swing states where counting mail ballots takes days after the polls close. And that's exactly what Trump and the RNC want.

Lara Trump, installed by her father-in-law as RNC co-chair in March, claimed that was all about ensuring "a free, fair and transparent election" by making Election Day "the last day that mail-in ballots can be counted."

"You cannot have ballots counted, Maria, after elections are over," Lara Trump declared.

Lara Trump and her father-in-law – and Fox News, while we're at it – know that cutting off mail ballot tallies on Election Day will eliminate the votes of more Democrats than Republicans.

That's the whole point.

The RNC, on Monday, filed to intervene in a Wisconsin case, attempting to stop the use of "drop boxes" where voters can deposit their ballots to be collected by elections workers.

This isn't about stopping election fraud, since Trump and the RNC have repeatedly failed to prove any significant fraud impacted the 2020 election. It's about limiting who can vote.

“Today, he’s gotten a little physical with Susan Necheles, one of his lawyers, sort of hitting her on the arm, prompting her to object,” Reid said

Reid said Trump had been “really scrutinizing” his defense lawyers, engaging in “spirited conversations with all three of them.”

She said, “He clearly has a lot of ideas about exactly how this defense should be carried out.”

Trump was reportedly shaking his head and audibly cursing during Daniels’ testimony, prompting Judge Juan Merchan to warn Trump’s lead attorney, Todd Blanche, to speak to his client.

“I understand that your client is upset at this point,” Merchan told Blanche, according to transcripts obtained by The Washington Post. He said the behavior needed to stop because “it has the potential to intimidate the witness, and the jury can see that.”

Some legal experts have suggested that Trump appears to be damaging his defense by pushing his attorneys to use language and strategies that don’t hold up in court.

Trump knows more about being a lawyer than anyone

Senator Tim Scott over the weekend exposed exactly where the Republican Party is headed, when he refused to answer a question on whether he would accept the 2024 election results.

MSNBC’s Kristen Welker on Sunday asked the South Carolina Republican point-blank if he would accept the 2024 election results, “no matter who wins.”

Scott replied, “At the end of the day, the forty-seventh president of the United States will be President Donald Trump.” When pressed further, he said, “That is my statement.”

Trump of course has long refused to say whether he’d accept election results where he lost, even in 2016, when he often complained of a “rigged election” on the campaign trail. Just weeks before November’s election, he claimed he’d accept the results only “if I win.”

In 2020, Americans saw what Trump meant with those words. He refused to concede his loss to Joe Biden, fighting the results with fake elector schemes from his lawyers and even arguably inciting an insurrection at the Capitol building on the day the country’s election results were certified. His refusal to acknowledge his loss would become the Big Lie: that the 2020 election win was stolen from him, the legitimate winner. As Tim Scott’s words demonstrate, many of his faithful supporters still believe it in earnest.

Scott’s answer sounds much like those of other contenders for Trump’s V.P. In the past, J.D. Vance and Elise Stefanik, for example, both admitted they would not have certified the 2020 election results if they were in Vice President Mike Pence’s shoes on January 6.

Scott went on in the interview to assert that the Democratic Party is supporting “abortion up until the day of birth,” only to get pushback from Welker, who noted that no Democrats have said that.

“Today, he’s gotten a little physical with Susan Necheles, one of his lawyers, sort of hitting her on the arm, prompting her to object,” Reid said

Reid said Trump had been “really scrutinizing” his defense lawyers, engaging in “spirited conversations with all three of them.”

She said, “He clearly has a lot of ideas about exactly how this defense should be carried out.”

Trump was reportedly shaking his head and audibly cursing during Daniels’ testimony, prompting Judge Juan Merchan to warn Trump’s lead attorney, Todd Blanche, to speak to his client.

“I understand that your client is upset at this point,” Merchan told Blanche, according to transcripts obtained by The Washington Post. He said the behavior needed to stop because “it has the potential to intimidate the witness, and the jury can see that.”

Some legal experts have suggested that Trump appears to be damaging his defense by pushing his attorneys to use language and strategies that don’t hold up in court.

Trump knows more about being a lawyer than anyone

I like how you call yourself a right leaning conservative but only post CNN and left leaning articles lol.

"To Whom It May Concern:

Over the past few weeks I have been asked countless times to comment on reports of an alleged sexual relationship I had with Donald Trump many, many, many years ago.

The fact of the matter is that each party to this alleged affair denied its existence in 2006, 20011, 2016, 2017 and now again in 2018. I am not denying this affair because I was paid “hush money” as has been reported in overseas owned tabloids. I am denying this affair because it never happened.

I will have no further comment on this matter. Please feel free to check me out on Instagram at @thestormydaniels.

Thank you,

Stormy Daniels"

Senator Tim Scott over the weekend exposed exactly where the Republican Party is headed, when he refused to answer a question on whether he would accept the 2024 election results.

MSNBC’s Kristen Welker on Sunday asked the South Carolina Republican point-blank if he would accept the 2024 election results, “no matter who wins.”

Scott replied, “At the end of the day, the forty-seventh president of the United States will be President Donald Trump.” When pressed further, he said, “That is my statement.”

Trump of course has long refused to say whether he’d accept election results where he lost, even in 2016, when he often complained of a “rigged election” on the campaign trail. Just weeks before November’s election, he claimed he’d accept the results only “if I win.”

In 2020, Americans saw what Trump meant with those words. He refused to concede his loss to Joe Biden, fighting the results with fake elector schemes from his lawyers and even arguably inciting an insurrection at the Capitol building on the day the country’s election results were certified. His refusal to acknowledge his loss would become the Big Lie: that the 2020 election win was stolen from him, the legitimate winner. As Tim Scott’s words demonstrate, many of his faithful supporters still believe it in earnest.

Scott’s answer sounds much like those of other contenders for Trump’s V.P. In the past, J.D. Vance and Elise Stefanik, for example, both admitted they would not have certified the 2020 election results if they were in Vice President Mike Pence’s shoes on January 6.

Scott went on in the interview to assert that the Democratic Party is supporting “abortion up until the day of birth,” only to get pushback from Welker, who noted that no Democrats have said that.

These are sitting senators who are saying that they’ll only accept election results when their team wins.

This is so dangerous for democracy.

I hope voters keep this in mind in the fall. Losing a democracy isn’t worth it.