What's new

Israel-Hamas War

This seems like relevant reporting. This nugget was extremely alarming:

It’s really important to receive news from vetted sources. Bad actors out there are looking to have a malignant influence on American opinions, just as they did in 2016 to help Trump win. and sadly propaganda works on many who don’t know how to be digitally literate.
Propaganda to me would be someone saying something is racist and then next second openly supporting that racist for doing the very thing they said was racist. Talking about bad actors, having someone who will completely flip their morals daily, especially on something so important as racism. It shows that racism is ok as long as it suits a persons political agenda. One day racism is important, the next it's swept under the rug. To me that is about as digitally illiterate as possible. A complete self-contradiction. Cowardice.

As far as Russian influence. Maybe just maybe if Obama would've stopped it when he was supposed to Putin wouldn't have meddled. He's the one that literally told his intelligence to stand down. How you can blame that on Trump is mind boggling to me. Obama literally allowed Putin to meddle just so Putin would sign off on his Iran deal. The same deal that is now feeding Iran and Russia with arms. You wan't to talk about Propaganda, lets talk the Russia Hoax and the Pee tapes that you promised years ago.

Obama cyber chief confirms 'stand down' order against Russian cyberattacks in summer 2016​

“I was incredulous and in disbelief,” Prieto is quoted as saying in the book. “It took me a moment to process. In my head, I was like, did I hear that correctly?” Prieto told the authors he then spoke up, asking Daniel: “Why the hell are we standing down? Michael, can you help us understand?”

Oh they’re there. In uniform beating up on 19 year olds.
I’m not sure where I fall on this issue.

I don’t like universities being disrupted. I’ve read about some having to cancel class or graduation ceremonies. That’s not right.

Civil Disobedience isn’t consequence free. Let’s not forget about that.

I get wanting to support Palestinians trapped in Gaza. I don’t get why there’s zero pressure put on Hamas to release the hostages. People act as if Israel just started bombing the **** out of the place after Oct 7 just for fun. And some students screaming anti-Semitic slurs, like they’re a part of the Trump administration, is just disgusting.

I think politically this is a loser and gives Murdoch controlled media plenty of ammo to distract from the dysfunction in the House and Trump crimes. Now they can conflate college campus protests to Jan 6. Rarely does Murdoch media not influence the mainstream media. So that’s not great.

At the end of the day, what’s actually accomplished here? A bunch of bored college kids get to LARP like it’s 1968 while hurting their own causes by giving ammo to Murdoch media? Yay.

A top leader in one of the world’s largest terrorist organizations praised the left-wing pro-Hamas protests that have erupted on college campuses across America over the last two weeks, saying that they are causing President Joe Biden to weaken his support for Israel.

The remarks late last week from Hezbollah Deputy Secretary-General Sheikh Naim Qassem were translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute.

“Biden is under internal and external pressure because of his policy and approach,” he said. “The pressure within America is more significant. He is at risk of losing the elections because of Gaza.”

“When the American people take a stand in support of Gaza … we salute and applaud them,” he continued. “We appreciate and value this very much. … The [campus protests] are important, especially because they will have an impact on the U.S. elections. They will have an impact on the American position. Even if Biden says that he will not be influenced by this, he will whether he likes it or not. We will see him taking actions because of the protesters’ influence on him.”