What's new

“Big catch” free agents vs. Bojan

infection

Staff member
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
Arguments prior to this past off-season centered around whether we would go for trade or whether we would make the riskier move of trying to clear cap space for a “big signing” like Tobias Harris or Khris Middleton. Our idea with Harris and Middleton is that they’d be stretchy guys. To a lesser extent, Kemba was discussed and, at least in previous years, Jimmy Butler was discussed (though admittedly I’m not sure anyone wanted him going into the summer).

Anyhow, here’s where everyone shakes out in terms of salary this year:

Kemba: $34M
Butler: $33M
Harris: $31M
Middleton: $31M
Bogdanovic: $17M

Here are their respective productions:

3huc89.jpg

3hucco.jpg

Maybe the biggest advantage of signing any of those other guys is that perhaps they’d actually be touching the ball in the 4th quarter.

Arguments prior to this past off-season centered around whether we would go for trade or whether we would make the riskier move of trying to clear cap space for a “big signing” like Tobias Harris or Khris Middleton. Our idea with Harris and Middleton is that they’d be stretchy guys. To a lesser extent, Kemba was discussed and, at least in previous years, Jimmy Butler was discussed (though admittedly I’m not sure anyone wanted him going into the summer).

3huc89.jpg

3hucco.jpg

Maybe the biggest advantage of signing any of those other guys is that perhaps they’d actually be touching the ball in the 4th quarter.
put Horford and Jalen Brown on the list

3huc89.jpg

3hucco.jpg

Well in all fairness, Butler is pretty good for Miami

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

To think we could have had both kemba and bojan.... Instead of Conley.