What's new

2011 Darft Projections

No one. The Jazz will squeak in as the 8th seed and then, IINM, Utah's pick goes to Minnesota as part of the Jefferson trade.

If the Jazz wind up with the 13th or 14th pick, they may as well go with Jimmer. Pack the stands with all those rabid BYU fans. I doubt Miller and KOC will be able to do much in FA so the team won't be competitive. Greg may as well make money and take his chances with better lottery position in 2012 and then again in 2013 after Deron leaves.

No one. The Jazz will squeak in as the 8th seed and then, IINM, Utah's pick goes to Minnesota as part of the Jefferson trade.

If the Jazz wind up with the 13th or 14th pick, they may as well go with Jimmer. Pack the stands with all those rabid BYU fans. I doubt Miller and KOC will be able to do much in FA so the team won't be competitive. Greg may as well make money and take his chances with better lottery position in 2012 and then again in 2013 after Deron leaves.

We gave them the Grizzlies 1st rounder from the Brewer trade.

T'Wolves receive the Grizzlies' 2011 first-round pick, via the Jazz (Ronnie Brewer trade) (top 14 protected in 2011, top 12 protected in 2012, top 10 protected in 2013, top 9 protected in 2014 and 2015, if pick is not conveyed to the T'Wolves by 2015, the T'Wolves will instead receive cash considerations from the Grizzlies) (Al Jefferson trade 07-13-10)

https://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

It states on the NBA trade page that we gave them two future firsts. My guess is that we gave them a pick in 2012 or 2013.

According to the Deseret News, nba.com and other sources, the Jazz traded TWO first round picks + Koufos to get Jefferson.

If you use the link you posted, but then click on the Al Jefferson trade link in the 2011 Outstanding trades section, you get the following page:
https://www.nba.com/2010/news/07/13/wolves.minnesota.ap/index.html

"The Timberwolves agreed to send Jefferson to the Jazz for two future first-round draft picks and center Kosta Koufos, the teams confirmed Tuesday evening." I can't seem to find any reference to what the protection is for Utah's future 1st-rounder. I would imagine at least lottery protected for the next few years.

According to the Deseret News and other sources, the Jazz traded TWO first round picks + Koufos to get Jefferson. I can't seem to find any reference to what the protection is for Utah's future 1st-rounder. I would imagine at least lottery protected for the next few years.

Which it is probably not this years pick. More likely next year.

I thought we were nuts to give two first rounders for AJ considering the possibility that DW might leave. Hopefully, there is protection on those picks.