What's new

400 Americans - $1.37 TRILLION

DeliveryBoy

https://money.cnn.com/2010/09/22/ne...campaign=Feed: rss/money_latest (Latest News)

The super-rich got even wealthier this year, despite the stumbling economy.

Forbes magazine released its annual list of the 400 richest Americans on Wednesday, and their combined net worth climbed 8% this year, to $1.37 trillion. Wealth rose for 217 members of the list, while 85 saw a decline...

...Despite the recession, finance and investment industries continued to dominate the list; 55 members are from the finance industry, while 54 are from the investments sector.

I can't really wrap my head around this. I can't fathom that 400 people could own the equivalent of the 11th largest economy in the world. The idea just does not fit in my head. And 2/3 of those people did much better this year. And that less than 2 years after they destroyed trillions of dollars of wealth over a few days, the financial sector comprises 1/4 of that list.

All I know is that if these people get their highest income tax bracket raised by 4%, the rest of the country will suffer an economic calamity.

They need tax breaks so that they can create jobs for the rest of us lemmings. Obama wants to make them poor so that everyone can sit on their butts and do nothing. No where in the constitution does it allow those rich people who have legally earned their money with all their hard work to be taken by lazy trailer park trash with class envy.

There is a huge difference between income and net worth. The bounce back of 8% is just simple balance sheet accounting. The greater utility of this article is to show how easy it is to get an emotional reaction out of people.

I don't know what they want from me. It's like the more money we come across, the more problems we see.

They need tax breaks so that they can create jobs for the rest of us lemmings. Obama wants to make them poor so that everyone can sit on their butts and do nothing. No where in the constitution does it allow those rich people who have legally earned their money with all their hard work to be taken by lazy trailer park trash with class envy.

those damn democrats and their attempts at eliminating poverty.

I hate 'em. I hate 'em