What's new

A possible light in the tunnel?

That's certainly possible.

I doubt it will happen, though. The owners don't want to play another year under the current CBA, especially the owners losing money.

The owners had to opt to extend the CBA for the 2011-2012 season by December 15, 2010. They didn't, so there is no light. Prepare for a lockout on July 1. After that it's just a question of how long it lasts.

The light at the end of a tunnel is an oncoming train. I think the small market team are going to make this a long lockout. I think they are going to demand they can put a "franchise tag" on their best players to stop the building of super teams.

The NBA lockout is going to make the NFL one look like a walk in the park. The NFL players are being stubborn and trying to win the negotiations like they did last time. In the NBA's case they are going to wait out the players and it will be a long one. Unless the players cave really fast.

agreed, this has all the aromas of a lockout that will cost us the entire season. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I'm trying to prepare myself for a lost season and a Jazz squad that includes Jimmer Fredette. Add to this the fact that I'll be living out of the country off and on for the next 4 years.... the NBA could lose my business.

The owners had to opt to extend the CBA for the 2011-2012 season by December 15, 2010. They didn't, so there is no light. Prepare for a lockout on July 1. After that it's just a question of how long it lasts.

Absolute truth.

There is a light at the end of the tunnel.....

Raja is hurt

Last edited: