What's new

Al Jefferson for Zach Randolph???????

Who gets the better deal?

• Wolves. They get a decent starter who is expiring and they save huge money

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Grizzlies. Jefferson is a better player and person than Randolph despite the cost

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Chad Feldheimer

The Minnesota Timberwolves have been burning up the phone lines the last few days looking for a trade.

They've discussed deals to move up to No. 2 for Evan Turner, a 4 for 7 swap with the Pistons, and have looked at moving their other draft picks (16 and 23) to either get up in the draft or to add another veteran.

However, the most consistent thing I'm hearing is that the team appears to be determined to move Al Jefferson. According to sources they've offered him to Detroit for Tayshaun Prince this week and have also contacted the Pacers about their interest in Jefferson for Troy Murphy's expiring contract.

However, the latest thing I'm hearing out of Minnesota may have the most legs. Sources have told me that the Wolves and Grizzlies have been discussing a swap that would send Jefferson to the Grizzlies for Zach Randolph. The deal would allow the Wolves to save a lot of money over time. Randolph has one year, $17.6 million left on his contract. Jefferson has three years, $42 million left.

According to sources, Randolph's ongoing legal problems aren't an impediment to Minnesota who is doing the trade in an effort to get out of Jefferson's deal and free up more playing time for Kevin Love and potentially Derrick Favors if he falls to them with the No. 4 pick. It's possible the Wolves could either waive Randolph or use his expiring contract to make another trade.

Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace is a Jefferson fan going back to his days with the Celtics. While Jefferson is a bit overpaid and is just a year removed from knee surgery, he still is a dominant presence in the post.

While sources stressed that the two sides were still just discussing the deal, one source sounded optimistic that it could actually happen.

https://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/17014/wolves-burning-up-the-phones

Minnesota and Memphis--a match made in heaven. Both owners play too big of a role on basketball decisions and both seem to like to read thier names on ESPN. How many stories have no been leaked "by inside sources" about these two teams? What suprises me is that Chad Ford fell for it again.