What's new

All Star Weekend

This Charlotte crowd is DEAD. They barely popped for Kemba Walker much less anyone else. Why don't they do an all star weekend in Utah? Fans would at least make noise.

How is a skills contest missing the players with the top skills? All star players should be voted on. Actual all stars should be voted by players and coaches.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

One good dunk tonight and a whole
Lot of crap. Gave DSJ a 50 after like five misses on an average dunk.

Dunk contest is just becoming a jumping over a celebrity contest.

Last edited:
Two good dunks the whole contest. Collins got penalized for making his dunks on the first try.

Donovan had more good dunks last year than the entire group this year.

1st dunk windmill off other backboard, dunk over Hart on first try and the Vince

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I liked the Miles Bridges tribute to Larry Johnson. That was a legit dunk.

Hamidou Diallo's first dunk and his dunk over Shaq were both good.

DSJ had one good dunk in the middle. It sucks that it takes him 5 attempts to get a dunk down though.

I liked the Miles Bridges tribute to Larry Johnson. That was a legit dunk.

Hamidou Diallo's first dunk and his dunk over Shaq were both good.

DSJ had one good dunk in the middle. It sucks that it takes him 5 attempts to get a dunk down though.
Yeah, I think the NBA needs to help these guys plan their dunk order. Bridges should have opened with his 2nd dunk. Collins probably had good dunks he saved.

DSJ jumped 18 times for 4 dunks

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Dennis Smith Loser should never EVER be allowed to participate in the dunk contest again .... he missed a handful of attempts last year as well. Terrible spectacle

How to fix the dunk contest....

Open entry. Anybody in the NBA can compete if they choose (There would have to be a limit on the number of entries of course, but you get the idea).

Shorten it from two rounds to one. The two round format is antiquated. There's also no need for each player to get two dunks every round. Let's face it, very few players can give more than one or two really high quality dunks. The stamina needed to perform multiple quality dunks has also been an issue. So here's what you do... ONE round, everyone gets ONE dunk. The best dunk out of all of the dunks wins.

This would make for a much more entertaining contest. We get the very best from each player. No waste of time.

Bridges might have won if he completed his first dunk. His second dunk was nice. Diallo definitely deserved it though.