What's new

Anyone ever tried selling t-shirts outside the ESA?

BENTLEY

My nephew said he's going to and I wasn't sure what he'd run into. I told him to stay in parking lots across the street rather than on ESA property, but I don't know if there'll be a problem. His shirt does have a silhouette of a player that looks like Gordon Hayward, but it doesn't say his last name, nor does it have utah jazz printed anywhere on it. Not sure what his best way of selling would be. Anyone have experience / advice?

Track down Kanter if you can. I hear he needs a new t-shirt.

Seriously, nice to see you again Bentley, even though I have nothing of substance to help you out.

I haven't, and likely wouldn't due to my timid nature.

But recommendation: a shirt with a tank on it instead of a player.

That is all.

I'm pretty sure that if you want to sell stuff in slc without an actual establishment you still need to get an artisan/street merchants license. I use to buy jewelry for my girl from one of these guys and if I remember correctly I think the license is only like $50. I think you can even set up a table on public sidewalks with the license as long as it meets certain criteria. I would tell him to visit the city building next to the library downtown they are actually pretty cool about this stuff and should be willing to steer him in the right direction.

Hey thanks, heyhey.

Hey, what about you guys (or anyone on Jazzfanz) - would you guys wanna buy a shirt? Are there rules on our site that prohibit my nephew selling these shirts to people on the forum who want one?

I thought he was just gonna make 'em up for people in our family but he's talking about doing a big order and selling.

Green with yellow airHeir.jpg
"air gordon" on the front. 10.5" wide x 2.5" tall. yellow ink on green shirt but "Air" is with white ink.

Gordon+Hayward+sillhouette yellow on green.jpg
silhouette on the back, probably only like an inch and a half maybe - pretty small, and placed just below the collar.

I think they look pretty cool but I don't want him to get in trouble. Would you guys wanna buy one? Maybe I can tell him to avoid selling outside the ESA and just sell to guys on jazzfanz.

Attachments

• Green with yellow airHeir.jpg
    Green with yellow airHeir.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 5
I thought he was just gonna make 'em up for people in our family but he's talking about doing a big order and selling.

View attachment 2674
"air gordon" on the front. 10.5" wide x 2.5" tall. yellow ink on green shirt but "Air" is with white ink.

View attachment 2673

silhouette on the back, probably only like an inch and a half maybe - pretty small, and placed just below the collar.

I think they look pretty cool but I don't want him to get in trouble. Would you guys wanna buy one? Maybe I can tell him to avoid selling outside the ESA and just sell to guys on jazzfanz.

That makes Hayward look really athletic...............

View attachment 2674

View attachment 2673

Since the silhouette is really small (don't like it) I would probably buy one.... I think the air gordon part looks cool.

I think he should make a shirt with this on it though and I would definately buy it

1380383363467.jpg

What do you guys think of this silhouette?

AirGordonCartoonsilhouette.jpg

It's a cartoon. I drew it but my nephew preferred his "action" silhouette. Maybe he shouldn't bother putting a silhouette on it at all. ?

Since the silhouette is really small (don't like it) I would probably buy one.... I think the air gordon part looks cool.

I think he should make a shirt with this on it though and I would definately buy it

View attachment 2675

This. It looks like an add for the Handicap Olympics. PM Brown Notes and beg for some top notch work.

---

I'll buy one either way (within in reason; please get a good T), and think it would make a bad *** 2014 season night out t-shirt.

How old is your nephew?

please get a good T.
American Apparel shirts cost more but it's a nice shirt. Although they run smaller than other shirts.
Gildan, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom all cost less.

He wants an actual silhouette rather than a cartoon, but there isn't much to work with. So we've got the special Olympics one. Not a lot of "air" shots in Gordon's repertoire.
Maybe a silhouette of this? ..it's a jumpshot.
Gordon jumpshot.jpg

That makes Hayward look really athletic...............

You're such a punk. Believe it or not, Hayward actually is athletic.

btw it would make him look more athletic if it showed him doing a left handed dunk on a laker colored silhouette or two.

Never t-shirts, or weed. Just crack. Crack and crack-whores. It was a two-fer, due to her number of teeth. Must have been from Kentucky.