What's new

Anything is Possible Now

Cy, we traded Gobert for bad, moveable, players and an absolute haul of draft picks. Seems like an absolutely perfect way to kick off a tank. Then we start to hear some Ayton BS, or 'retool' around Mitchell crap. And everyone, including you, now throwing water on the all out tank idea. I don't get it. How could the Gobert trade have signified 'tank' any stronger? I thought it was a sure thing. My hopes are being dashed again.

What would a package look like for Ayton? With all of the weirdness involved with a S&T for him. We need to be looking to move Mike next so we can slide Mitchell to the 1.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Cy, we traded Gobert for bad, moveable, players and an absolute haul of draft picks. Seems like an absolutely perfect way to kick off a tank. Then we start to hear some Ayton BS, or 'retool' around Mitchell crap. And everyone, including you, now throwing water on the all out tank idea. I don't get it. How could the Gobert trade have signified 'tank' any stronger? I thought it was a sure thing. My hopes are being dashed again.
Because 4 picks gives you a lot of ammo for anything you want to do.

I'm still pro-tank, but the writing on the wall got less clear.

The Tony Jones reporting makes more sense now. I think they are going to do a gradual rebuild. Maybe the package isnt there for Mitchell now. Maybe it's there next year or at the deadline.

I will say I trust Ainge now. This absolute asset haul earned my trust that he knows when to deal a player.

Because 4 picks gives you a lot of ammo for anything you want to do.

I'm still pro-tank, but the writing on the wall got less clear.

The Tony Jones reporting makes more sense now. I think they are going to do a gradual rebuild. Maybe the package isnt there for Mitchell now. Maybe it's there next year or at the deadline.

I will say I trust Ainge now. This absolute asset haul earned my trust that he knows when to deal a player.
But if we were tanking wouldn't it have been about picks anyway? That would mean any tank trade suddenly gives us assets to do other things.

Agreed on Ainge though. Mitchell might go for an absolute haul at the deadline or something. Regardless, he has my confidence for now.

KD seems completely implausible, and makes no sense. Ayton seems much more plausible, but also dumb.

We shall see.

But if we were tanking wouldn't it have been about picks anyway? That would mean any tank trade suddenly gives us assets to do other things.

Agreed on Ainge though. Mitchell might go for an absolute haul at the deadline or something. Regardless, he has my confidence for now.

KD seems completely implausible, and makes no sense. Ayton seems much more plausible, but also dumb.

We shall see.
My original thought was it would be like 2 picks for Gobert. 4 picks just gives you that many more options. The Jazz can trade for a disgruntled All-Star now.

just don't trade a bunch of picks for ayton. there is a reason phoenix wanted to trade him immediately once the playoffs were over. he's a bum that puts up empty numbers. unless you can trade your own bum that puts up empty numbers straight up for him, let some other team waste their assets on him.

My current wish is the Jazz become the team to facilitate the KD trade. Using Mitchell as the major asset the Nets get back. Jazz get drowned in picks + young players. Simmons has to be on the move in that scenario. Maybe even to Utah, would be an amazing tank scenario.

But if it’s Phoenix keep Ayton far away. I’d want Bridges and all their picks.

My current wish is the Jazz become the team to facilitate the KD trade. Using Mitchell as the major asset the Nets get back. Jazz get drowned in picks + young players. Simmons has to be on the move in that scenario. Maybe even to Utah, would be an amazing tank scenario.

But if it’s Phoenix keep Ayton far away. I’d want Bridges and all their picks.
Ben Simmons has to get moved then too.

I don’t really want Durant. As awesome as he is, he’s also almost 34 and has a recent Achilles injury in his profile.

Jazz should prioritize putting together an asset package so that when a young, and disgruntled wing demands to be traded they have the best trade package to offer.