What's new

Game Thread Apr 05, 2024 08:30PM MT: Jazz at Clippers

Added to Calendar: 04-05-24

People on here acting like it’s doomsday out here. This is what happens when 3/4th’s of your main rotation ain’t playing and you’re playing all elite teams while shamelessly tanking. Combine that with him being 20 and hitting the rookie wall, and playing with scrubs and rookies that only just started playing. Hes not exactly set up for success. Look how he was playing with the lineup at full power. He’s being asked to carry all the load with Markkanen Collins and JC out. He’s going to be much improved next year. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s scoring 18 pts and 5-6 assists.

I think he is the best comedian out there right now

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
I literally hurt from laughing so hard. He’s hilarious and 100% clean. All the guys he brought were good too. 5 stars no notes.

I feel like people are way overreacting to this stretch because the Jazz are playing very good teams. Last year around this time we were going against other stinkers so it looked better.
I think losing is obviously fine… when the coach feels the need to bench the starting group well that’s another thing. Are there any lasting effects here… prolly not.

This better be sarcasm
Actually it's not. I don't know how anyone could have watched last night's festivities and argued with a straight face that the three rookies are NBA talents. It's one game I get that but at least they could have had some pride and at least competed. This is very worrisome going forward. Hardy tried to happy talk it after the game but I ain't buying what he's selling at the moment.

Actually it's not. I don't know how anyone could have watched last night's festivities and argued with a straight face that the three rookies are NBA talents. It's one game I get that but at least they could have had some pride and at least competed. This is very worrisome going forward. Hardy tried to happy talk it after the game but I ain't buying what he's selling at the moment.
That’s exactly it. It’s one game and you’re jumping off the deep end. Those scrubs you mentioned didn’t have to deal with what these rooks are.

That’s exactly it. It’s one game and you’re jumping off the deep end. Those scrubs you mentioned didn’t have to deal with what these rooks are.
The scrubs weren't NBA talents and were soon out of the league but are still playing overseas. But at least they competed. I didn't see that last night. It's obvious all three rooks have a lot to work on. If an idiot like me sees this I wonder what Ainge is thinking at the moment.

I've been watching the games on replay as there is no point to watching live....but I might actually just skip this one entirely. If you didn't watch UConn - Iowa I wish you many riches.

The rooks are rooks. So they play like rooks. I wouldn't bench them. It doesn't hurt, but doesn't help either. Let them make mistakes to learn. The Clippers are full of old hands - a good team for the rooks to learn from..

I feel like people are way overreacting to this stretch because the Jazz are playing very good teams. Last year around this time we were going against other stinkers so it looked better.
It wasn't how the Clippers were playing. Not running back on D, ever, not giving any effort - that looks the exact same whether you're playing the Globetrotters or the Generals.

I literally hurt from laughing so hard. He’s hilarious and 100% clean. All the guys he brought were good too. 5 stars no notes.
Another one I like is Tom Segura.
What matt rife does is pretty funny as well and very impressive (just ad libbing as you go would be way more difficult than executing a structured written set imo) as well but he isn't for everyone.

Hendricks was 2-3 from the field. 1-1 from 3. 2 rebounds and zero fouls and zero turnovers in 12 minutes.

That seems fine to me.

Hendricks was 2-3 from the field. 1-1 from 3. 2 rebounds and zero fouls and zero turnovers in 12 minutes.

That seems fine to me.

Maybe I am overreacting a tad but it looked to me like none of the rooks were particularly interested in playing D. Couple that with all the bricks being chucked (not all by the rooks) and things get flammable quickly.

Maybe I am overreacting a tad but it looked to me like none of the rooks were particularly interested in playing D. Couple that with all the bricks being chucked (not all by the rooks) and things get flammable quickly.
Brice hustled all game and had some good hustle plays before the benching. I didn’t see what you did. They weren’t playing good ball but they were playing.

Brice hustled all game and had some good hustle plays before the benching. I didn’t see what you did. They weren’t playing good ball but they were playing.
Maybe it was just a bad day at the office for all of them. However who ever in the scouting department that recommended drafting them better have their ducks in a row when Ainge starts asking questions Monday morning. Sometimes the rooks look competitive and last night they sure didn't.

Maybe it was just a bad day at the office for all of them. However who ever in the scouting department that recommended drafting them better have their ducks in a row when Ainge starts asking questions Monday morning. Sometimes the rooks look competitive and last night they sure didn't.

I'd be very surprised if the final decision on all draft picks isn't DA's so assume the buck of culpability stops with him.
I'd also assume the scouts have enough survival sense to avoid going overboard with their recommendations for any given player in their portfolio.

Ya they didn’t perform well. They went up against a far superior team that will challenge for a title with some elite vets they got blitzed early and momentum is a big thing in the nba. It was bound to happen with all of the best players out other than the smallest player on the team. And it’ll probably happen again.