What's new

Game Thread Apr 11, 2024 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Rockets

Added to Calendar: 04-11-24

I wasn't going to bring this up, but since Andy Larsen already did in his triple team, our rookies are being outplayed by our scrubs.

I think the win/win scenario of tanking - i.e. if your rookies are good enough to win that's good, but if they aren't good enough to win that's good for your draft position doesn't feel as win/win to me right now. Our rookies are really far away from leading us to wins, which doesn't feel great.

It's really depressing to think about how good THT could be if he just didn't do obviously stupid shot attempts.

Like he actually became a respectable shooter. All he has to do is not to do MJ and Kyrie Irving impersonations randomly and you're an elite role player.
I lol’d when he put up those late ridiculous fadeaway shots late that both were air balls. There were like five times he recklessly drove the lane it was like the rockets knew he wouldn’t kick out so the defense was all drawn in leaving everyone open, and what did THT do? He put up countless circus shots that had no prayer of going in. If I had been rooting for win I would’ve been pissed

It’s like he thinks all that matters for his career is that he puts up as much points as possible so he just throws **** up. I mean Sexton and JC are guilty of this two but it’s only half the time. With THT it’s every time. Lol

With two games left the nets are 2 games up. Who owns the tiebreaker I’m guessing its head to head. I think the nets won both games but not 100% sure. Have we locked up the 8th spot in the lottery?

I lol’d when he put up those late ridiculous fadeaway shots late that both were air balls. There were like five times he recklessly drove the lane it was like the rockets knew he wouldn’t kick out so the defense was all drawn in leaving everyone open, and what did THT do? He put up countless circus shots that had no prayer of going in. If I had been rooting for win I would’ve been pissed

It’s like he thinks all that matters for his career is that he puts up as much points as possible so he just throws **** up. I mean Sexton and JC are guilty of this two but it’s only half the time. With THT it’s every time. Lol
When you listen to players and former players talk,a lot of them place way too much value in your ability to take high level difficulty shots. THT embodies that.

This.
Last night Hendricks goes 2-3 from the field (efficient), has 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, zero turnovers and only gets 19 minutes. He was a plus in plus/minus. Only 1 foul. He was our top draft pick who didn't get to play much this season and could use minutes for development purposes. He is the reason many fans are even watching these games. Why only 19 minutes? Luka gets 34 minutes. So weird. Seems like their minutes should be flip flopped.

Early on I thought his lack of playing time/bad reports behind the scenes was a reflection of TH's level.....Now I think it's moresoe a reflection of whatever weird evaluation Hardy has of him. He hates TH lol. Maybe he's complete trash in practice....idk....but his performance on the floor is just fine. Easily our best rookie when it comes to winning games.

I think Infection hit on it when he was discussing that some in the FO were basically that Tay Henny isn't any good because he sucks. While I think that is a bit harsh at this point I can see that Hardy is getting his marching orders and the lineups reflect that.

I think Infection hit on it when he was discussing that some in the FO were basically that Tay Henny isn't any good because he sucks. While I think that is a bit harsh at this point I can see that Hardy is getting his marching orders and the lineups reflect that.
lol. He is a 20 year old rookie who they drafted #9 overall who has played quite well for the jazz all things considered.

If you aren't playing Clarkson or Sexton you pretty much HAVE to play Key, no?
Could say the same thing for Hendricks.
If you aren't playing Lauri or Collins and you traded Simone then you pretty much have to play Hendricks, no?

I mean Preston, Kira, Dunn and tht could all play more minutes like Luka did and key could only play 19 minutes like Hendricks did, no?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Haha that is definitely not the case. This is all about Hardy just being his usual dumbass self. There isn't a single person in the front office that is telling him to play anyone over Hendricks. They want that kid playing as much as possible.