What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2021 01:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Pacers

Added to Calendar: 04-16-21

Seriously a 1 pm game? On a Friday? Weird.

Well either way, I'll be at this one!

Anyone else going? If so let's get together after and meet. Or during halftime or something.

Anyone else going? If so let's get together after and meet. Or during halftime or something.
Not in LA?

**** I START work at 1

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

You can't play an afternoon game after playing a night game on a back to back - league rules. Hence the early start.

Yeah I had to look up if Friday was a holiday, I've never seen the Jazz have an early start at home and only ever on the road on MLK day (a couple @WAS come to mind) or another holiday.

It does give the Jazz a few extra hours of rest as it will be the front end of a back to back. They play IND Friday at 1PM MT and then play LAL Sat at 2:30PM MT as Candrew mentioned.

My first thought was more of why can't they just play back to back @ LA have the games Sun & Mon in LA instead of Sat and Mon. Or as much as the Jazz prolly needed 2 days off in a row they could play IND today (Thur) have Fri off then play LAL on Sat and Mon. Just seemed like they chose the most difficult option to me.

You can't play an afternoon game after playing a night game on a back to back - league rules. Hence the early start.
Is the Staples Center being used for something else Saturday night? If not, why the Saturday afternoon start? Guess the Lakers/Jazz game is on ESPN, so that probably has something to do with it.

Eh whatever. I record them all and watch them at 10:00 PM anyways.

Is there any info on morgan? Or Dok for that matter? Were they just figments of my imagination?
You know when your favorite TV show replaces an actor or retcons a story and just pretends like it’s always been that way, and maybe even gaslight you for questioning it? Tomorrow Ersan is our backup center. “Why are you so surprised?”

Phoenix won their game last night and closed the gap on 1st place to just 1 game.

Jazz need to show up and be aggressive the whole game and win this one to keep some breathing room.

Absolutely a must win.
Phoenix has to go on the road to face the Bucks, Sixers, Celtics, Nets, and Knicks before returning home to face the Clippers and the Jazz. If they sweep that, they deserve the 1 seed.