What's new

Game Thread Apr 16, 2022 11:00AM MT: Jazz at Mavericks - Game 1

Added to Calendar: 04-16-22

Jazz will win this game going away.

Even though last night I did have a dream last night they lost this one by almost 20.
When sean is ultra postitive then you know the jazz were going to win. This post sealed the victory. Gonna give it post of the thread. (even thought they didn't win going away and it was about as ugly and underwhelming a win as possible)

Let me guess. You didn’t watch the game, but know that DM had the greatest playoff game ever?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
I watched the game. Like I said, I recorded it.

Don struggled except that amazing 3rd quarter. Rudy had a great game. Bojan too.

Don's steal in the 4th when we were up by
1 then we hit a 3 to make it a 4 point game was the biggest sequence of the game.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

So, I’m watching the 4th quarter and just watched the jazz get called for having 6 on the court. The ref handed the inbounded the ball, isn’t the ref supposed to wait till all subs are complete? Or am I wrong?

So, I’m watching the 4th quarter and just watched the jazz get called for having 6 on the court. The ref handed the inbounded the ball, isn’t the ref supposed to wait till all subs are complete? Or am I wrong?

The ref should have held the ball and waived in the substitution, or the ref should have waived off the substitution. That's on the ref.

Good post.

I’d also be surprised if the Mavs can maintain pressure on our guards without giving up lobs to our bigs. I thought their perimeter defense was exceptional today. They got us uncomfortable I thought a bunch, especially in that first half. Spida began to figure things out in that 2nd. Usually teams that give pressure on our guards make themselves vulnerable on the back end against our bigs. It’ll be interesting to see what happens in game 2.

Having said that, This is going to be a sweep if Luka can’t go in these first 4 games.
I think they just came out flat after the long layoff, especially Donovan. Once his body remembered it was supposed to be playing ball, he did OK.

Oh man could we have a double digit lead going into the fourth???? Maximum anxiety activated
And well deserved. Man that 4th quarter was stressful. Don was going hero donovan mode and missing and missing. Thankfully conley got a few shots (and makes) somehow and donovan actually made the pass to Royce. Couldn't believe he passed that. Hopefully he learned something today (trust your teammates)
Btw, Rudy only having 1 field goal attempt against these scrubs is a travesty

I wish we could get Rudy some touches…he’s working so hard defensively.
Seriously pisses me off every game. Especially donovan. Watching today in the first quarter I saw Don miss rudy numerous times. then like the very first play that whiteside is in the game donovan goes to him (and he misses). Grrrr.

Bogey needs to touch the ball most possessions to close this game.
Ya seemed like when we ran the offense through him it worked well. He even made quite a few nice passes and had very good decision making today. cant remember any bad turnovers by him either. thought he played good defense. Played 40 minutes. Bogey was amazing today. MVP