What's new

Game Thread Apr 17, 2021 02:30PM MT: Jazz at Lakers

Added to Calendar: 04-17-21

No, we didn't have many injuries, but what do you think we were out there with -- Ewing, Bernard King, Walt Clyde Frazier, Melo, and Willis Reed?

Uhh, we were out there with washouts, poor draft picks, and incredibly young inexperienced players. And we still beat the Holy Hell out of the Lakers.

Quit making excuses for your team. They got humiliated on national TV by the Lakers -- a team we humiliated. If you think the Jazz are better than the Knicks you really don't follow basketball. In our last games we are 5-0, you are 0-1. I'd rather be us. And deep down, so would you.
Wouldn't some of those old Knicks be really old now?

No, we didn't have many injuries, but what do you think we were out there with -- Ewing, Bernard King, Walt Clyde Frazier, Melo, and Willis Reed?

Uhh, we were out there with washouts, poor draft picks, and incredibly young inexperienced players. And we still beat the Holy Hell out of the Lakers.

Quit making excuses for your team. They got humiliated on national TV by the Lakers -- a team we humiliated. If you think the Jazz are better than the Knicks you really don't follow basketball. In our last games we are 5-0, you are 0-1. I'd rather be us. And deep down, so would you.
Still down playing your team's talent while bragging how good you are. You would rather not be the number 1 seed. Despite their recent struggles the Jazz are the #1 seed in the superior conference. The only thing embarrassing is your statement that the Jazz were embarrassed on national TV. You obviously do not know the meeting of embarrassment. The New York Knicks while a young and promising team right now, have spent decades of disappointing and embarrassing themselves, the city of NY, fans and the league with their attempt to field a professional basketball team. Perhaps that helps you understand the word embarrassing. NY Knicks have been thrash for so long you would think their fans would have a little humility. Unfortunately, Knick fans think they are like the Yankees. Of course most people know that.

Here’s a shocker: the refs blew it

The same Mr Lindsey who built the best team in the nba?
Would probably be the first time that the GM of the best team in the nba has been fired.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
I'm not a DL hater. I think most under appreciate the team he has put together in a market that is difficult to draw undrafted talent. I just think new owners eventually want their people they choose. I have a hard time seeing DL working well with backwards hat wearing owner. DL feels a little old school to me. Plus, if DW is to take a more active role, I think DL's personality will not adjust well.

Ersan sucked outside of hitting ,3s. Jazz missed having a defensive big out there big time
I think this is one of your ****** "look at me, I'm a contrarian" takes. Of course the Jazz missed the best defense big of this generation out there. That is not a hot take. Ersan was disruptive in several different non scoring ways. He sets legitimate picks. He is threat outside that frees up the middle. He gets in the way of people that pisses them off. I thought he got in Drummond's head. He doesn't slack on any play. He is a cerebral player that knows how to subtly be an influence. Yes, he has physical limitations. I don't think he should play significant minutes. He is a guy you want coming off the bench for a 10 minutes in the playoffs to be a disruptive factor. Most championship teams have a player or two like this.

I think this is one of your ****** "look at me, I'm a contrarian" takes. Of course the Jazz missed the best defense big of this generation out there. That is not a hot take. Ersan was disruptive in several different non scoring ways. He sets legitimate picks. He is threat outside that frees up the middle. He gets in the way of people that pisses them off. I thought he got in Drummond's head. He doesn't slack on any play. He is a cerebral player that knows how to subtly be an influence. Yes, he has physical limitations. I don't think he should play significant minutes. He is a guy you want coming off the bench for a 10 minutes in the playoffs to be a disruptive factor. Most championship teams have a player or two like this.
Fair. Me saying he "sucked" was out of bounds. He was great for what he was, but he clearly played too much. Really wish we had Udoka in there to split minutes with him. .

NY Knicks have been thrash for so long you would think their fans would have a little humility.

Humility? Uhh, it's hard to be humble when we've won six of our last six.

Man, I only wish we played in The West. We would feast on weak teams like the Timberwolves, the Jazz and the Kings. Jazz are on an 0-1 slide. We've won six in a row. You Jazz fans dream of winning just one right now.

Humility? Uhh, it's hard to be humble when we've won six of our last six.

Man, I only wish we played in The West. We would feast on weak teams like the Timberwolves, the Jazz and the Kings. Jazz are on an 0-1 slide. We've won six in a row. You Jazz fans dream of winning just one right now.
Your team would be hard pressed to make the playoffs and if you check the West is again owning the East in head to head competition. They changed the All-star game format because the East has been so pathetic the last two decades. There was talk about simply taking the best 16 teams because the East was so pathetic they were sending teams with losing records to the playoffs.

Ersan sucked outside of hitting ,3s. Jazz missed having a defensive big out there big time
Nah he was pretty good and that whole hitting threes thing is pretty important. I mean Ersan also killed Kyle Kuzma... whatever Kardasian he is currently dating went home with Ersan last night.

Nah he was pretty good and that whole hitting threes thing is pretty important. I mean Ersan also killed Kyle Kuzma... whatever Kardasian he is currently dating went home with Ersan last night.
I’m running out of names of places so the new thread is going to have to be “The gentleman’s club of Ersan Ilyasova.”