What's new

Game Thread Apr 21, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Mavericks - Game 3

Added to Calendar: 04-21-22

Luka won't play in game three. He doesn't need to. Dallas can afford to lose that game.

But game four isn't until Saturday. I don't see why he shouldn't be good to go then.

I really hope Luka comes back in game three. We lose one at home and he isn't playing this place may implode.

I watched a replay of Game 2 and a charitable way to say how our guards played defense was like a bunch of near-sighted butterfly collectors. Sorry Quin, if yours guys are getting beat that badly, you sit them down and let someone else play. The Dallas guards would get dribble penetration and the rest of the team then looked like village idiots.

Given where Luka is in his rehab process, I think it's still unlikely that he plays in Game 3. He needs to do running and cutting, and he needs to be cleared for contact. He needs to be able to perform the movement with which he got injured. He wasn't really running yet as of yesterday.

I watched a replay of Game 2 and a charitable way to say how our guards played defense was like a bunch of near-sighted butterfly collectors. Sorry Quin, if yours guys are getting beat that badly, you sit them down and let someone else play. The Dallas guards would get dribble penetration and the rest of the team then looked like village idiots.

With Brunson, they may need to back off and hedge against the drive. A contested mid-range 2pt shot is preferable to an open corner 3.

I get so tired of Quin and the spin meisters around the team saying after someone goes 1-15 or you have a defensive display like last night that the other players can't play just because.

So let me guess the game plan...it'll be the same one as Game 2, and if their players shoot 50% from the 3 point line again and the Jazz lose, it'll be another dose of "this is the game plan and we won't change because they did something extremely hard (that they did last game, and the Clippers did, and the Nuggets did) and we're still going to play the percentages."

Given where Luka is in his rehab process, I think it's still unlikely that he plays in Game 3. He needs to do running and cutting, and he needs to be cleared for contact. He needs to be able to perform the movement with which he got injured. He wasn't really running yet as of yesterday.

I would be shocked if Luka plays game three because, as I've said, they don't need to win that one. Game four is Saturday, which is plenty of time if he's really going to return this series.

In fact, I'd wager if they win game three, they'll probably put off his return until game five if needed. Dallas is in a good position right now to slow-walk Luka back from injury. Kind of like Utah last year against the Clippers, where they went up 2-0 without Conley and didn't need him for their trip to LA ... but we saw how that worked out for the team.

So let me guess the game plan...it'll be the same one as Game 2, and if their players shoot 50% from the 3 point line again and the Jazz lose, it'll be another dose of "this is the game plan and we won't change because they did something extremely hard (that they did last game, and the Clippers did, and the Nuggets did) and we're still going to play the percentages."
You are starting to understand the System!

Taylor Jenkins adjusted in G2 and removed Steven Adams from the rotation to help Memphis win G2.

If we are to dig ourselves out of this, Quin needs to do the same thing. And we all know which starter(s) need to get subbed out.

Taylor Jenkins adjusted in G2 and removed Steven Adams from the rotation to help Memphis win G2.

If we are to dig ourselves out of this, Quin needs to do the same thing. And we all know which starter(s) need to get subbed out.

Dig ourselves out of what exactly? The series is tied at 1-1 and we now have home court advantage. The idea of removing Conley from the rotation because of one bad game is laughable.