Arbys Burger

fishonjazz

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
So not sure if everyone is aware but Arbys makes a hamburger now. I tried it today. They have 2 versions, I got the bacon ranch version.
I give it an A. I think its better than wendys, mcdonalds, burger king etc. On a similar level to crown burger, or culvers. Just a step below places like 5 guys, habit burger, smash burger etc. Still doesn't compare to tonyburgers (my favorite) lucky 13 or most other pub burgers. Really good for a place that has never done burgers before.
The actually patty is fantastic. Nice and thick and pink in the middle. Really juicy and tasty. The bun and toppings aren't great but are ok. Pretty pricey (6.99 i think it was)

One other thing, prices have went up like crazy everywhere but at Arbys you can still get stuff for pretty cheap. They have 4 roast beefs for 10 bucks going on which is way cheap for todays prices. 2 for 6 bucks french dips. If you have their coupons then you can get a bunch of good stuff for cheap and my favorite is the jalepeno poppers for 1.99. They are normally 3.99 I think and they are great, especially with the sauce they come with.

Last edited:
So not sure if everyone is aware but Arbys makes a hamburger now. I tried it today. They have 2 versions, I got the bacon ranch version.
I give it an A. I think its better than wendys, mcdonalds, burger king etc. On a similar level to crown burger, or culvers. Just a step below places like 5 guys, habit burger, smash burger etc. Still doesn't compare to tony burger (my favorite) lucky 13 or most other pub burgers. Really good for a place that has never done burgers before.
The actually patty is fantastic. Nice and thick and pink in the middle. Really juicy and tasty. The bun and toppings aren't great but are ok. Pretty pricey (6.99 i think it was)

One other thing, prices have went up like crazy everywhere but at Arbys you can still get stuff for pretty cheap. They have 4 roast beefs for 10 bucks going on which is way cheap for todays prices. 2 for 6 bucks french dips. If you have their coupons then you can get a bunch of good stuff for cheap and my favorite is the jalepeno poppers for 1.99. They are normally 3.99 I think and they are great, especially with the sauce they come with.
Been wondering about this. Thanks for the info. Arbys has been impressing me a lot over the past few years. Have they come under new ownership? New sandwiches and better prices. Love their curly fries.

Anyone know what the hell is going on with Apollo? I’ve been to a few locations in UT county and their burger has declined in taste. Astro and Crown still taste great. Have you ever been to the Cotton Bottom Inn? I remember their garlic burgers were really good. Been a while since I had a Lucky.

Also, Crack Shack in Lehi? Don’t go. Hella expensive ($13-$17 bucks for a chicken sandwich) without fries. I’ve also soured on Five Guys. Not that they’ve ever been cheap. But this last visit with just two burgers and two fries set me back like $40 bucks. Might as well go to Tucanos or something. Sheesh

Been wondering about this. Thanks for the info. Arbys has been impressing me a lot over the past few years. Have they come under new ownership? New sandwiches and better prices. Love their curly fries.

Anyone know what the hell is going on with Apollo? I’ve been to a few locations in UT county and their burger has declined in taste. Astro and Crown still taste great. Have you ever been to the Cotton Bottom Inn? I remember their garlic burgers were really good. Been a while since I had a Lucky.

Also, Crack Shack in Lehi? Don’t go. Hella expensive ($13-$17 bucks for a chicken sandwich) without fries. I’ve also soured on Five Guys. Not that they’ve ever been cheap. But this last visit with just two burgers and two fries set me back like $40 bucks. Might as well go to Tucanos or something. Sheesh
Agree with pretty much all of this. Never been to crack shack though. Also never been to Cotton Bottom Inn but my coworker says that their garlic burger is the best burger he ever had. My favorite is TonyBurgers. However I have only been there twice. My wife isn't into burgers so its hard to get her to go there. Both times I went there were the best burgers I ever had. Their setup is kind of similar to 5 guys as far as all the toppings and the build your own burger style. Just much better quality.

I work literally next door to a Five Guys, and it's sad. Their burgers are seriously overrated, as are their fries. Just... meh. I'd rather go to Carl's Jr. There used to be a decent "fresh mexican" burrito place in that space, Baja Fresh. Similar to Cafe Rio. Sad day when their management ditched town with the payroll. :(

I’ve had 2 now, they’re a glorified Wendy’s burger. They’re good, they just remind me of a Wendy’s burger though.

I work literally next door to a Five Guys, and it's sad. Their burgers are seriously overrated, as are their fries. Just... meh. I'd rather go to Carl's Jr. There used to be a decent "fresh mexican" burrito place in that space, Baja Fresh. Similar to Cafe Rio. Sad day when their management ditched town with the payroll. :(
Ya they have went downhill. I used to love them (had the best fresh diced onions around imo) but last couple of times I went it was almost like they took the final product and tried to make it into a snowball or something. Really squished and soggy and an overall mess. Haven't been back in a long time.

One other nice thing about arbys is that their regular roast beef (and the french dip) heat up really well the next day. Better than most things.

One other nice thing about arbys is that their regular roast beef (and the french dip) heat up really well the next day. Better than most things.
No one wants any of my roast beef the day after. That's a damn fact.

C’mon Pigs of Western Civilization
Eat More Grease.​

- Allen Ginsberg

Eat Eat more marbled Sirloin more Pork 'n
gravy!
Lard up the dressing, fry chicken in
boiling oil
Carry it dribbling to gray climes, snowed with
salt,
Little lambs covered with mint roast in rack
surrounded by roast potatoes wet with
buttersauce.
Buttered veal medallions in creamy saliva
buttered beef, glistening mountains
of french fries
Stroganoffs in white hot sour cream, chops
soaked in olive oil
surrounded by olives, salty feta cheese, followed
by Roquefort & Bleu & Stilton
thirsty
for wine, beer Cocacola Fanta Champagne
Pepsi retsina arak whiskey vodka
Agh! Watch out heart attack, pop more
angina pills
order a plate of Bratwurst, fried frankfurters,
couple billion Wimpys', MacDonald burger
to the moon & burp!
Salt on those fries! Boil onions
& breaded mushrooms even zucchini
in deep hot Crisco pans
Turkeys die only once,
look nice, next to tall white glasses
sugarmilk & icecream vanilla balls
Strawberrry for sweeter color milkshakes
with hot dogs
Forget greenbeans, everyday a few carrots,
a mini big spoonful of salty rice'll
do, make the plate pretty;
throw in some vinegar pickles, briney sauerkraut
check yr. cholesterol, swallow a pill
and order a sugar Cream donut, pack 2 under
the size 44 belt
Pass out in the vomitorium come back cough
up strands of sandwich still chewing
pastrami at Katz's delicatessen
Back to central Europe & gobble Kielbasa
in Lodz
swallow salami in Munich with beer,Liverwurst
on pumpernickel in Berlin, greasy cheese in
a 3 star Hotel near Syntagma, on white
bread thick-buttered
Set an example for developing nations, salt,
sugar, animal fat, coffee tobacco Schnapps
Drop dead faster! make room for
Chinese guestworkers with alien soybean
curds green cabbage & rice!
Africans Latins with rice beans & calabash can
stay thin & crowd in apartments for working
class foodfreaks —

Not like western cuisine rich in protein
cancer heart attack hypertension sweat
bloated liver & spleen megaly
Diabetes & stroke — monuments to carnivorous
civilizations
presently murdering Belfast
Bosnia Cypress Ngorno Karabach Georgia
mailing love letter bombs in
Vienna or setting houses afire
in East Germany — have another coffee,
here's a cigar.
And this is a plate of black forest chocolate cake,
you deserve it.

I’m in NC and at lunch asked for a Coke or Pepsi, whatever the restaurant had. I drink a soda maybe twice a year and was in the mood. It came out and was great. Thought it was Pepsi. It wasn’t. It was RC Cola. Real ****ing good. Not sure I ever had one prior.

I’m in NC and at lunch asked for a Coke or Pepsi, whatever the restaurant had. I drink a soda maybe twice a year and was in the mood. It came out and was great. Thought it was Pepsi. It wasn’t. It was RC Cola. Real ****ing good. Not sure I ever had one prior.
RC is my favorite. I think I mentioned it on here before but with a pretty large group (my family and friends of my kids and a couple of neighbors, I think 15 or so in all), we had a cola taste test for fun a few years back, got things like coke, pepsi, RC, and shasta cola, walmart brand, whatever weird brands we could find. I think we had 8 or 10 in all. RC won the whole thing, and was in the top 3 on every ballot. It's a winner.

It was made by a guy who didn't want to have to pay the prices coke wanted to charge back in the 30's or something at his soda shop. Kind of interesting.

RC is my favorite. I think I mentioned it on here before but with a pretty large group (my family and friends of my kids and a couple of neighbors, I think 15 or so in all), we had a cola taste test for fun a few years back, got things like coke, pepsi, RC, and shasta cola, walmart brand, whatever weird brands we could find. I think we had 8 or 10 in all. RC won the whole thing, and was in the top 3 on every ballot. It's a winner.

It was made by a guy who didn't want to have to pay the prices coke wanted to charge back in the 30's or something at his soda shop. Kind of interesting.
If you come down my way, you'll have to try Vess.