What's new

Are most Jazz fans like the ones I see in here?

Are you a tanker? Do you think the whole Jazz Nation are tankers, at least mostly?

• Yes..... Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Naah..... Yeap.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It depends on your definition of tanking.

If it involves the GM letting go of some vets, and leaving the door open for younger players to play and develop and possibly lose a lot of games while still giving maximum effort, then yes I'm fully behind tanking.

If it involves faking injuries, holding the best players out when they don't have to be, making terrible substitutions to get the worst players in the game and making bad coaching decisions with the express purpose of losing.... then no.

It depends on your definition of tanking.

If it involves the GM letting go of some vets, and leaving the door open for younger players to play and develop and possibly lose a lot of games while still giving maximum effort, then yes I'm fully behind tanking.

If it involves faking injuries, holding the best players out when they don't have to be, making terrible substitutions to get the worst players in the game and making bad coaching decisions with the express purpose of losing.... then no.

I don't see that as tanking. I see that as how it's supposed to be. I'm a Beşiktaş Fan.

I don't see that as tanking. I see that as how it's supposed to be. I'm a Beşiktaş Fan.

I am not behind intentionally losing games and not putting in maximum effort.

I am behind strategically structuring your team for the future even if it means losing a bit while trying to win.

12065679_1.jpg

If tanking means a future superstar and better chances of winning a title, then I'm all for the tank.

Also golden state pissed me off as a jazz fan by tanking , since we lost out on a pick, but it was the smart thing for them to do and it worked out for them.
If I was a golden state fan then I would have approved at the time.....

Not tanking for them would have resulted in them missing the playoffs, losing out on harrison barnes, and giving away a good draft pick to a western conference foe (helping the jazz)

I agree with Spazz. Intentionally losing games is not the answer. It may have cost GS production from a few players that were just fine before. Biedrens for example.

I liked this definition of tanking "Tanking is like flopping; it’s an unseemly act, but a necessary one to give your team a competitive edge."

But it should stay as a little joke between the fans. If tanking mentality infiltrates into team (players, coaches and their decisions) thats when they starts to get annoying like GSW.

I liked this definition of tanking "Tanking is like flopping; it’s an unseemly act, but a necessary one to give your team a competitive edge."

But it should stay as a little joke between the fans. If tanking mentality infiltrates into team (players, coaches and their decisions) thats when they starts to get annoying like GSW.
excellent

I don't speak arabic or egyptian or whatever that last one was so I just voted for the first one, as it was the only one with real words in it.

I don't speak arabic or egyptian or whatever that last one was so I just voted for the first one, as it was the only one with real words in it.

Neither one is written in Latin letters, hon. Although your numbers are actually Arabic. So you already are ahead of the head start.

Like the ones that cheer for tanking right after one or two seasons they cursed other team(s) for tanking?

I have no problem with tanking when you own your picks outright. What was wrong about what Goldenstate did is that they were avoiding an obligation they had made. If the Jazz had traded their pick and it was protected top 7 I would be 100% against a tank. It would become a dishonorable thing in my mind and I wouldn't be able to stomach it. If we see the jazz bench our best players I will also find that to be dishonorable. Choosing to take your lumps rather remain mediocre is an entirely different thing.

P.S. If Phili gets Wiggins they won't have him for long. Michael never won a ring without Pippen and Wiggins will never win one with the chumps they have in phili. The jazz are doing it right. If we get a star in the draft he's going to walk onto a team.

I have no problem with tanking when you own your picks outright. What was wrong about what Goldenstate did is that they were avoiding an obligation they had made. If the Jazz had traded their pick and it was protected top 7 I would be 100% against a tank. It would become a dishonorable thing in my mind and I wouldn't be able to stomach it. If we see the jazz bench our best players I will also find that to be dishonorable. Choosing to take your lumps rather remain mediocre is an entirely different thing.

P.S. If Phili gets Wiggins they won't have him for long. Michael never won a ring without Pippen and Wiggins will never win one with the chumps they have in phili. The jazz are doing it right. If we get a star in the draft he's going to walk onto a team.

Agreed. That's why I keep saying that where ever Wiggins ends up, I don't care for his first two years in the means of contending. Look at where Dwight go to feel better. A young and promising team. Sure every superstar makes the epic fail fault of landing on LA but he passed that. Lebron tried it in Cleveland and went for the star team to contend and earn what he has earned. How long will Wiggins' team able to hold him? How long before Wiggins can lead a team of his generation to the ring? I have no problem with a superstar talent that has 2 years of experience under his belt and ready to rock on. Jazz won't have cap space problems I hope when that time comes. And the team will look so delicious to Wiggins. It's an option if the Jazz chooses to play hard and win this season. Dwight went for Harden. After this season, there will be more than one players, maybe an entire starting five in the Jazz for the superstar rookie to fire his appetite to come.