What's new

Are we actually good or is it the schedule?

str8line

Contributor
2019 Award Winner
Those ugly games against the Pelicans and Grizzlies and the loss to the Thunder are still pretty fresh, but damn Rudy and Don have been phenomenal. Faves and Jae have been good lately too. Jingles is coming around... Ricky healthy with a few good games.

How confident should we be that we can win a series or two?

Could we reach the WCF?

We are what we always thought we were.
A 47-52 win team in the mix for home court advantage in the West. A top 10 ish team. So pretty damn good, close to great but not there yet until we get a bit more firepower.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

We are what we always thought we were.
A 47-52 win team in the mix for home court advantage in the West. A top 10 ish team. So pretty damn good, close to great but not there yet until we get a bit more firepower.

Kind of sucks. We are at a point where expectations should be pretty high(Bucks game, excellent play lately, Rudy and Don among best players in NBA right now) but the excitement is muted based on those poor games and our schedule.

Although Memphis did beat Houston last night, which should up the stoke a little.

Last edited:
Kind of sucks. We are at a point where expectations should be pretty high(Bucks game, excellent play lately, Rudy and Don among best players in NBA right now) but the excitement is muted based on those poor games and our schedule.

Although Memphis did beat Houston last night, which should up the stoke a little.

Why should our expectations be high? Zero all stars in a small market that should be rebuilding after their "star" recently left.

My expectations are to make the playoffs due to Rudy, Ingles, Spida, and Quin. That's it. If we miss the playoffs then I'm disappointed. If we advance past round 1 I'm pleased. If we lose a close 1st round series then I'm meh (but mostly happy cause I got to watch my team in the playoffs)

We are who we are. A good but not great team. I have confidence that we will be a great team within the next 2 years. That's where my expectations are high

Why should our expectations be high? Zero all stars in a small market that should be rebuilding after their "star" recently left.

My expectations are to make the playoffs due to Rudy, Ingles, Spida, and Quin. That's it. If we miss the playoffs then I'm disappointed. If we advance past round 1 I'm pleased. If we lose a close 1st round series then I'm meh (but mostly happy cause I got to watch my team in the playoffs)

We are who we are. A good but not great team. I have confidence that we will be a great team within the next 2 years. That's where my expectations are high

I just love this team... I don't have much in the way of expectations. We are good and I think we have a high ceiling because of how many threes we produce and we have a volume scorer. We can beat elite teams in a game or two when we get hot... if we get on a streak who knows.

If DM keeps developing and we get a couple pieces that are good (don't need something amazing)... maybe hit on a pick or two... we are legit contenders. If not we will be very good for a period of a few years... Will be entertaining as hell and have tremendous dudes to root for... I'd love to see us win a title, but I'm not going to be miserable if we are a perennial 2nd round team with potential to get lucky. It takes luck to win a championship... it just does.

We are solidly in the 2-7 group in the West. Any of those teams can go down round one, or go to the WCF. We'll just have to see who and how we're playing at that time.

As much as I think the WCF is a real possibility if the match ups shake out, I also think a round 1 loss is equally possible.

And for argument sake: I think the top 3-4 in the East are easily a tier or two above the Jazz talent wise.

I do think this is the final year that I'd be happy being in this exact same position again. Going forward I want us to have a higher ceiling (which could also come with a lower floor)

Both. Tonight could be a trap game. We don't match up all that well and Alex Len has always given the Jazz headaches.

The Hawks aren't going to leave there own arena tonight alive! We are playing so well, and have such a focus that this game may be over by half time even though it is the second game of a back to back! Quinn has a "system" and ALL of our boys have bought into it!

And for argument sake: I think the top 3-4 in the East are easily a tier or two above the Jazz talent wise.

Say WHAT? We would absolutely DESTROY the Celtics right now, the way they are playing and we'd take out the Bucks almost as easily! The 76ers would give us the most fight, but certainly not a cinch to take us out in a 7 game series! We have won 5 games in a row by 20 or more points and we've been averaging almost 30 assists a game! That, is NOT chopped liver, my friend!

We have won 5 games in a row by 20 or more points and we've been averaging almost 30 assists a game! That, is NOT chopped liver, my friend!
The Suns, TWolves, Nets, Wizards, and Knicks are not really a good indicator of how you will look against playoff teams.

We did this exact same thing last year.

Both. Tonight could be a trap game. We don't match up all that well and Alex Len has always given the Jazz headaches.

What? Len have a career 6.1 pts. against us on .361% FG and a whoppin' .426% TS. He is universally known as Rudy's booty call. Only headache he causes is to his coach.

We're a top defensive team and a limited offensive team. When we play great defensive teams we have a very small margin of error and tend to struggle offensively. When we play teams that don't defend well, like Washington and New York, we look good since we can get open looks left and right. Mostly, it's the easy schedule right now.

The Jazz are a solid 2nd tier team, they win the games they’re supposed to at a very good rate, but don’t do all that well against similarly-good teams.

If this team wins a first round playoff series, that’s a successful season. Anything more than that shouldn’t be expected by anyone. They lack the firepower and flexibility on the court to be a real dark horse and that’s okay for right now.

Improvement makes the Jazz a dark horse contender. We don’t need excuses this offseason, we need substantial improvement.

Until extended scoring droughts are not part of this teams identity I'm always going to have muted expectations.

538 ranks us as the 8th best team in the NBA and 4th best in the West. They predict we will finish with 51 wins. They predict we will finish tied with Portland with the 4th best record as well. Oddly the have us ranked higher than Denver, but Denver finishing 4 games better than us. They have OKC ranked ahead of us but finishing 2 games behind us. We are also one of few teams in the NBA that has a higher current Carmelo than a full strength Carmelo. Ours is the biggest gap. If you go by Current Carmelo we are the 4th best in the NBA.

538 ranks us as the 8th best team in the NBA and 4th best in the West. They predict we will finish with 51 wins.

This is pretty much my thoughts too. That 538 thing seems to know what's up

This is pretty much my thoughts too. That 538 thing seems to know what's up

Yeah, its close to what I think as well. I would say we are better than OKC but that is the only one. We will end with a better record and both our teams are pretty much the same and we beat them in the playoffs last year pretty solidly. They did beat us in the regular season but they were way more motivated for those games.