What's new

As if I needed another reason to hate The Heat...

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
"We're going to be wearing a bullseye,'' Wade said. "But that's what you play for. If we lose a couple in a row this season, it will be like the World Trade (Center) is coming down again. When the schedule comes out, people will be looking for the Lakers and Heat, to see when they play us. I feel like I'm a new player in Miami. That's how excited I am.''

https://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/07/18/heat-supporting-cast-has-become-better-than-expected/

Last edited:
Looks like you weren't the only one who didn't like it.

Editor's Note: Because of a transcription error, an earlier version of this story contained an incorrect quote from Dwyane Wade. The full and accurate version of the quote is contained in this story. We deeply regret the error.

"We're going to be wearing a bullseye. But that's what you play for," Wade said. "We enjoy the bullseye. Plus, there's going to be times when we lose 2-3 games in a row, and it seems like the world has crashed down. You all are going to make it seem like the World Trade is coming down again, but it's not going to be nothing but a couple basketball games.

"When the schedule comes out, people will be looking for the Lakers and Heat, to see when they play us. I feel like I'm a new player in Miami. That's how excited I am."

If I see that damn Wade walkin down the alley next to my tenement buildin while I'm on the roof, he's gunna find out, right quick, what the WTC comin down feels like, eh? I hope he gotz his jive-*** homeboys, Duhbron and Bush-league, with him, too.