What's new

Atlanta re-signs Joe Johnson for $119 million (!)

Schleprok

Joe Johnson

From Wojo's Twitter:

AJC report that Hawks preparing 6-year Bird Rights deal is devastating news to potential Joe Johnson suitors. He wants to stay in Atlanta

Good, I hope the Knicks go 0 for anybody good this free agent class after giving us that crappy pick.

Last edited:
Joe is nice, but there is no way in hell I give him that kind of a contract. I suppose that the Hawks are probably happy with their relative success recently though.

Umm, no you don't. The Rockets get their 1st-rounder next season and it is unprotected. I don;t want to see Houston get a top-5 pick.

As long as they don't get one of the upper-tier guys, I'm good. They are still going to probably be better after this off season, but hopefully only a little better. Maybe enough to kick that Rocket's pick out of the lottery.

There are only two max guys in this years FA. Lebron James and DWade. No one else should get a max. Bosh and Johnson shouldn't even be in the same discussion as James and Wade. They are players who are slightly better than Boozer and Lee and those types of FA's, but they are not max guys. The same with Amare. Dirk and Pierce were smart and left their team more money on the table so they could get more. Those guys understand basketball and aren't selfish players digging the NBA into a lockout season.

I still am shocked that Johnson got the max. His numbers and game just don't impress enough for him to be considered a max player. Oh well, let the Hawks rot with his contract.

Dirk and Pierce were smart and left their team more money on the table so they could get more. Those guys understand basketball and aren't selfish players digging the NBA into a lockout season.

Well Joe Johnson is smart too. He fooled the Hawks after all into giving him all that money.He is laughing all the way to the bank. The only ones who were'nt smart here were the Atlanta FO.