What's new

Ban Running QB's

fatchipper

This ****'s gotta stop. I know you can't 100% protect any player from an injury but I'm getting sick of seeing all these QB's getting hurt trying to run. QB's need to be watching Brady and Manning.

I really feel bad for Keeton. Dude's one of the nicest people I've ever met.

It's the risk teams and the QB take when they want to play that style of football. Right now it's all the fad in the NFL. I don't see that lasting as more QB's go the way of RGIII and take serious injuries that make them hesitant to put themselves out there again.

I like Chuckie a lot so I really didn't like seeing that. Do they have the MRI results yet or is it just assumed that he is out for awhile? Wasn't he flushed out of the pocket on the play though? I think every quarterback becomes a running quarterback in that situation.

I like Chuckie a lot so I really didn't like seeing that. Do they have the MRI results yet or is it just assumed that he is out for awhile? Wasn't he flushed out of the pocket on the play though? I think every quarterback becomes a running quarterback in that situation.

Rumors are torn acl and mcl

Didn't look like that bad of a play when it happened. Yes, QB's take a chance the more they run. But what really needs to be banned is turf. Keeton's foot stuck and there was no give. I don't think "teaching him to run" would have resulted in him moving differently. He was scrambling just like many other QB's, running towards the sideline. He didn't try to plant and cut; no one fell on his leg. His cleat simply caught in the turf. Had this happened on a grass field, the outcome may have been completely different.

Or teach them how to run properly.

Nobody is up in arms about RBs running.

RB's have an extremely short shelf life for a reason. It's always been that way and we've come to accept that. Now that more and more teams employ the running QB, people are starting to notice. I can see why it works in college. You're going to be switching QB's ever few years anyway. However, I think NFL teams who lean on running QB's are going to get burned.

So how pervasive an issue is the infamous "Running QB"? Admittedly, I haven't followed football very closely in maybe 10 years, but before that I played and was a fairly avid fan. Are we in a state now of QBs just getting the snap then hightailing it for the endzone every single play, or with a giant wedge of offensive line barreling ahead of him while he screams indian war cries (you know, from India). Or running all kinds of set plays designed to turn the QB into the RB. Or is it really as it has always been, QB runs on broken plays, and if/when there is an opening because he is good at reading the defense (as he should be) and the occasional QB sneak type play to gain that extra 2-3 yards on a 3rd down? As far back as I can remember QB running plays were fairly common, and some of the best QBs were very good simply because if pressured they could take off, slip a few tackles, and gain a few yards on a broken play in which inferior QBs would just ground the ball and hope for something better on 3rd down, or worse, run around in circles hoping to find someone open then taking the sack 8 yards behind LOS praying they don't fumble. So how is it different now?

RB's have an extremely short shelf life for a reason. It's always been that way and we've come to accept that.

I get that, and I don't disagree. My point is, the game is the game - all players, regardless of what position they play, are playing the same game. Why should some be expected to assume more risk than others? Why is a QBs health more important than a RBs health? If running is too dangerous for players who happen to play QB, it should be too dangerous for all the players.

I assume this is the right way to run as a QB.

a82e5dcd-ebbf-4600-8189-70fa17d4ae97_manningtdrun1.gif

^^^^ He looked like he was going to take that first FG set up run play in too if he would have got the corner at the end of the game. Archie isn't the only dual threat Manning now. Peyton's been reborn as a deer.

What do you think of his backup? I know he didn't play overly well, but on first glance he looked like he was decently mobile and had a solid arm.

I'm not a big Aggie fan but I do go to some games being that I live 5 minutes from the stadium. Unfortunately I don't know much about Harrison.

Has a lot to do with the build of the QB. For instance, Vick & Griffin vs. Newton & Tebow.

If they wanna run, just let them run... "It's their body, they can do what they want to".