What's new

Big Z to the Miami! Can the Heat be stopped???

How far will the Heat advance this year?

• Win championship

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Get to finals

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • east finals

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • second round

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • worse

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

G-O-A-T

So, it looks like the roster for the Heat is pretty well filled up. Players in italics are expected to sign soon.

Chalmers/Arroyo/Hasbrouck
Wade/Miller
James
Bosh/Haslem/J. Howard
Z/Anthony/Pittman/Magloire

Other guys the Heat are targeting: James Jones, Keyon Dooling, and Chris Quinn.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsRj7HN9r9Vm21SXHQUTtm28vLYF?slug=ap-heat-ilgauskas

This seems like an excellent crew to fall short of an NBA title. Outside of the big 3 and Miller, who I think is overrated, these guys are nothing but has beens, never wases, and rookies.

I thought the Heat might try to compose a team that could excel at transition... considering it's probably the only way this team could possibly manufacture enough shots to go around. But it looks like they decided to pick up some slow, unathletic, non talented, veteran leaders instead. Kinda makes me wonder why the Collins brothers didn't sign :D

On ESPN earlier on Saturday they had Penny Hardaway on (that retired in 2007) saying he wants to come back and play for the heat. LETS GO PENNY COME BACK TIME!

...I don't doubt they are going to be good....they've stacked a deck! However, the Magic will still be tough to beat, they have Howard, good pieces around him and have played together for a few years.

Everone on their roster will have to learn to foul Dwight Howard, since they got no one who can defend him.

Can you trade picks/players for a player? In other words, could you trade the Big Z, Chalmers and two 1sts for Chris Paul? Or Dwight Howard? Or do trades actually have to be pretty realistic?

I believe both games have "CPU Trade Logic" and "Force CPU Trade" options. So it will ultimately be up to the user whether or not they can stack the Heat even more.

Plus I'm pretty sure you can turn off the salary cap too.

as much as i love the jazz and the magic and have for years. i do look forward to watching a lakers vs. heat championship this year.

as much as i love the jazz and the magic and have for years. i do look forward to watching a lakers vs. heat championship this year.

I really don't think this is as likely as eveyone else seems to think it is.

Is there a playoff caliber team with a worse supporting cast than the Heat?

Miami will bring 2 superstars, 1 all-star, 2 solid role players, and 7 scrubs to every game. Coincidentally, both of those role players will be coming off the bench to replace their stars... meaning that they will always have at least 2 scrubs (PG and C) on the court at any time. Not to mention that both of their superstars have gained their notoriety though a similar style of play - drive to the basket and get fouled. I anticipate many teams just packing the paint with a zone to counter.

That said, if they can stay healthy all year, maybe the big 3 will take so much pressure off of their teammates that they all play better than they have in the past. But, heaven forbid (or permit;)) one of them get injured, I think this team will struggle to even make the playoffs.

Assuming they remain healthy though, I still don't see them getting past Orlando. Orlando's 2 strongest positions are at C and PG... the weak spots of the Heat, and unlike Miami, Orlando actually has a solid supporting cast to compete against their stars.

I think Riley overestimated his ability to attract good players at a minimum salary... I guess they all either want more money or a more significant role. Whatever the case, I hope to see them struggle for the next 6 years and see them called the biggest disappointment in NBA history.

I agree that they probably won't get past Dwight Howard and the Magic. I also think Chicago has a pretty great team. They were already pretty good as far as role players and Derek Rose, and you add Boozer. I think Lebron was stupid to choose Miami over Chicago, but who knows, maybe Miami will be wonderful, but I think the Egos will be too much. Like Shaq and Kobe, they won a few championships but they hated each other and it ended up bad.

I think they will get to the finals and lose the lakers(or the jazz heh), i'm just not confident enough in boston or orlando as some of their players are getting up there in age and there are some health concerns with guys like vince carter and kevin garnett.

I hadn't really considered Chicago. Although Boozer was overrated in Utah, if he stays healthy, and if Korver can have another productive year, Chicago has a very complete team. If Thibadeau, or whatever his name is, can coach, Chicago could easily compete with the Heat, along with Orlando. Boston is done IMO... they fell short this year while at their best, and are only going to be another year older... it's time for them to start thinking rebuilding.