What's new

"Block of the Century?"

carolinajazz

How could that block by Lebron even rate in the top 10? It was against a white guy! Heck, half the time the rim blocks dunk attempts by white guys! For proof, post that video of the guy who broke every bone in his body when he tried a similar dunk! His name alludes me, but most of you know who I'm talking about!

it's what these wiffle ballers deserve for straying away from the fundamentals of the game. layups layups layups. and don't get me started on the length of their shorts.

seriously though, it was a good block that would hardly get a second look if it were done by anyone else.

it's what these wiffle ballers deserve for straying away from the fundamentals of the game. layups layups layups. and don't get me started on the length of their shorts.

seriously though, it was a good block that would hardly get a second look if it were done by anyone else.

That and LeBron stood there like "did you guys see that?" himself acting like it was the greatest block ever. Meanwhile, his team has a semi fast break opportunity but when they get the ball to the other end of the floor they don't know what to do because LeBron was still standing under the basket, incredulous as to his own greatness.

How could that block by Lebron even rate in the top 10? It was against a white guy! Heck, half the time the rim blocks dunk attempts by white guys! For proof, post that video of the guy who broke every bone in his body when he tried a similar dunk! His name alludes me, but most of you know who I'm talking about!

I'm not sure I could name my "Greatest Block". This was a great block but it's not like it saved the game or really even turned the tide of momentum. Wasn't Miami already up by 18-20 when it happened?

That and LeBron stood there like "did you guys see that?" himself acting like it was the greatest block ever. Meanwhile, his team has a semi fast break opportunity but when they get the ball to the other end of the floor they don't know what to do because LeBron was still standing under the basket, incredulous as to his own greatness.

well it's not like they really needed him... late in the game up by 20 at the time... it was more about sending a message to the spurs. we'll see if it worked tonight.

haha you also have to remember that even though lebron probably wanted to continue to bask in his own greatness, when he got up the court he set up a nice p&r and then drew two defenders before kicking it to ray-ray for a dagger three. then deflected a pass that miller gathered and just chucked so lebron could chase it down and finish with a monster slam (he's on fire). pulled down a rebound the first possession after the timeout and then came down a buried a 3 himself. he was amazing during that stretch.

IMO, he isn't really as egotistical as everyone paints him out to be. he's self-aware, he's honest, he is not a trouble maker, and he is the perfect team player incarnate. i don't think he should necessarily be tooting his own horn, but his horn definitely deserves tooting.

IMO, he isn't really as egotistical as everyone paints him out to be. he's self-aware, he's honest, he is not a trouble maker, and he is the perfect team player incarnate. i don't think he should necessarily be tooting his own horn, but his horn definitely deserves tooting.

I concur! He's certainly no where near as egotistical as Jordan was....and is actually a better all around player than Jordan was! He's bigger, faster, quicker and more unselfish than Jordan.....and if he keeps working at it....smarter than Jordan! He shoots well from everywhere......and before it's over, will pass Jordan statistically in just about every basketball category but Championships.

I concur! He's certainly no where near as egotistical as Jordan was....and is actually a better all around player than Jordan was! He's bigger, faster, quicker and more unselfish than Jordan.....and if he keeps working at it....smarter than Jordan! He shoots well from everywhere......and before it's over, will pass Jordan statistically in just about every basketball category but Championships.

arguably the only one that really matters. horry certainly wasn't one of the best players all-time, but dammit, the dude has almost more rings than fingers. and that says a lot about him as a player.

....right place at the right time! Some are in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some in the right place at the wrong time! (Stockton and Malone era against the Jordan Bulls?)

Lebron is arguably the best player of all time. Who is this Splitter character?

People are completely overreacting. It was a nice block. But come on!

AK47 had nicer ones against even better players. Kobe has had some nice blocks. JaVale McGee has even had a few noce blocks. To call it the "block of the century" is just ridiculous. It was a nice block, for sure.

Last edited:

So now it's cool to hate on Michael Jordan?

I'm sorry, but if you're LeBron F'ing James, and you're supposed to be greater than the MJ's and the Kobe's, you should done have had maybe 3 rings by now, at least.

I mean, damn, you've done had the 60 win seasons in Cleveland. The Finals appearances in Cleveland, 10 YEARS IN THE NBA.

And this guys got 1 ring, yet we're calling him the greatest?

Jordan took years off at a time in the NBA, and still wound up with 6, SIX rings playing against some of the greatest teams that if they were imported into the NBA today, would have tore through these weak, ballhogging, poorly coached and constructed teams. Imagine had he never took time off from all of the drama/baseball stint, he'd damn near have a ring on every finger.

The Heat failed to win a championship against an old, aged Mavericks team. They sailed thru a young Thunder team, yeah.

But LeBron James is highly overrated. He's having a hard time making anything happen against Tim Duncan and Tiago Splitter in this series. MJ was putting up 50 point games in Finals appearances. You call Michael selfish, but I think the fingers with the rings on them do the talkin, eh CJ?

Lmao, Jazzfanz are so biased they can't take away hate from 1997-1998 to this DAY!

Lebron is arguably the best player of all time. Who is this Splitter character?

People are completely overreacting. It was a nice block. But come on!

AK47 had nicer ones against even better players. Kobe has had some nice blocks. JaVale McGee has even had a few noce blocks. To call it the "block of the century" is just ridiculous. It was a nice block, for sure.

I'd like to see him make it through the 1980s-1990s and then call him the GOAT. That's like calling Lil Wayne the GOAT in Rap when he never had to go through the transitioning period of hip hop. LeBron bitches about fouls, bitches about the reffing, bitches, bitches, bitches. He'd be in tears had he gone through the Bad-Boy eras, the 90s.

LeBron caught a break.

I'd like to see him make it through the 1980s-1990s and then call him the GOAT. That's like calling Lil Wayne the GOAT in Rap when he never had to go through the transitioning period of hip hop. LeBron bitches about fouls, bitches about the reffing, bitches, bitches, bitches. He'd be in tears had he gone through the Bad-Boy eras, the 90s.

LeBron caught a break.

Caught a break? You serious? Like people have any say or control over what year they happen to slip out of their moms ******? Lebron has never said he is the GOAT, and he can't be penalized for the soft play of literally everyone else in the league. What's your point?

Your rings argument is ****ing ******** bro. With that logic, Robert Horry is a better player then Lebron. Is that really the argument you wanna make? Lebron has always carries his team, but he didn't have a Pippen, or a Malone, or a Kareem on his team until he joined the Heat.

So what if he isn't the GOAT, he's top 5 all-time and deserves to be there.

Caught a break? You serious? Like people have any say or control over what year they happen to slip out of their moms ******? Lebron has never said he is the GOAT, and he can't be penalized for the soft play of literally everyone else in the league. What's your point?

Yeah, you proved the point right there didn't you. He caught a break being born in 1985.

How is that catching a break? And by the way...

Lebron won his first ring in his 9th season.

Jordan? His eighth.

Your rings argument is ****ing ******** bro. With that logic, Robert Horry is a better player then Lebron. Is that really the argument you wanna make? Lebron has always carries his team, but he didn't have a Pippen, or a Malone, or a Kareem on his team until he joined the Heat.

So what if he isn't the GOAT, he's top 5 all-time and deserves to be there.

Well didn't that just hit a nerve or what? You can see it whichever way you want to, but the fact that you're bringing Robert Horry into this discussion proves that you are taking this little pot of bs you're trying to stir up out of the context I was trying to speak about. It ain't all about the rings, but if you're a superstar, which I'm pretty damn certain Robert Horry never was, and your name is being rung into discussion of "Greatest Player of All Time", you best have a little bit of championship hardware at the end of the day to brawn the title.

Rings are overrated. Maybe with the lack of parity in the NBA due to talent dispersion we have overemphasized the importance of rings? Or maybe because of An outlier like jordan we have a skewed sense of success is?

Look at how many rings wilt won. Jerry west? Larry bird only won 3.

The truth of the matter, many of the best players you'll ever see haven't win any. Stockton, Malone, Nash, Charles, miller, Ewing, etc. had the spurs never gotten Duncan, the Admiral would have retired with zero rings.

While many of the nba champions are fortunate to just get 1 ring. Just look today. I don't see steph curry winning any anytime soon. As long as lebron is in Miami, the thunder aren't winning anything. Big z and Memphis won't. Especially now that Hollins is out. Cp3, duron, and d rose have yet to even get to the finals. Kyrie Irving has yet to make the playoffs.

I just feel like there is too much of an emphasis on rings in the nba. Horry was an ok player. But he couldn't hold the jock of at least 20 other big men who he played against who retired without winning any rings.

When I think of Kobe, his greatness isn't the 5 rings. His greatness is that he has been an unstoppable offensive force for a decade and keeps going despite his age. Lebron isn't the greatest ever for his one ring (this far). He's great because he truly is one of the best basketball players of all time. Lebron could lose this series and it wouldn't matter to me. He's still 10x better than anyone else in this league. He's still the best player ever. a mix of Jordan and Magic. Can score, rebound, defend, and pass.

He still would crush Jordan in a game of 1 on 1

When I think of Kobe, his greatness isn't the 5 rings. His greatness is that he has been an unstoppable offensive force for a decade and keeps going despite his age.

..."unstoppable offensive force?" If that was, in fact, the case.....he'd have 17 rings not just 5! You guys throw around that expression "unstoppable" like people keep using "evolving".....like it's a common occurrence of fact rather than fiction! No NBA player was ever "unstoppable" and things change but do not "evolve!" Jabbar had probably the closets to an unstoppable shot.....but made only 50% of them! When a player or a team switches styles of play, they have "changed" not evolved! They're still basketball players, not some freak form of animal life with two heads, 8 legs and 50 tattoo's! Oh, wait! Scratch that last one......I forgot about the "bird flu!"