What's new

Bojan Bogdanovic appreciation thread

Jazzmix

Goodbye Bogey and good luck in your further career. Bojan has been one of my favourite Jazz players. He chose Utah as a free agent, he's always been professional and motivated. Those two buzzer beaters against Milwaukee and Houston, 48 points against Denver, 11 threes against OKC will stay in my memory. Defense hasn't been his forte but I feel like you can't really blame him for the lack of effort.

View: https://youtu.be/FXO-ccuwEaA

Goodbye Bogey and good luck in your further career. Bojan has been one of my favourite Jazz players. He chose Utah as a free agent, he's always been professional and motivated. Those two buzzer beaters against Milwaukee and Houston, 48 points against Denver, 11 threes against OKC will stay in my memory. Defense hasn't been his forte but I feel like you can't really blame him for the lack of effort.

View: https://youtu.be/FXO-ccuwEaA

All of this.

That shot to beat houston was one of the greatest single shots in Jazz history. Right up there with Bogey's other game winner against Milwaukee was it? And Sundiata Gaines. Not many game winners like this really and Bogey has at least 2 of them, might be more. Of course it cannot rival The Shot from Stockton, but they were damn close to that level. I will miss Bogey. He always played hard, tried on D even when his skill and athleticism were not up to the task, at least he laid it all on the court. We have had few shooters like him, if any really, and he will be missed by me at least.

Man this is sad. I really grew attached to this team, from Gobert to Ingles to Bogey to JC to even Mitchell before he bitched out on us. Hard to see this iteration broken apart like this. Necessary yes, but hard to see nonetheless.

Bogey was one of our biggest and best free agent signings in the history of our franchise. He chose to come here, he played through injuries, he never complained.

Bogey was the key to opening up our offense to what became the best offense in the league. He could have been a primary or secondary scoring option, but was happy as our 3rd option. He always seemed to come through in the clutch, but never complained when he didn't get more of the opportunities he probably deserved.

He was happy and friendly and likeable, but could raise his intensity when needed to become a ruthless assassin. I'll miss you Bogey. I hope you enjoy Detroit!

He has that old school toughness. There were several times he's rolled an ankle and I thought
"Oh ****, he'll be out for weeks" and he came right back in. Great under pressure and honestly should have taken more end of game shots instead of DM. I'll miss his cool headed threes in crunch times. Wish him the best, too bad he got thrown in the dumpster fire that is Detroit.

My favourite thing about Bogey was that feeling when he was 'on' -- he was a flamethrower, with crazy willpower and ice in his veins. Few players have that, and make make a shot out of nothing.

He'll be terribly missed, I wish we sent him to a better team.

- George
Bogey is special as you say and for my money, the best clutch performer we had. That and playing with pain, never complaining and let’s not forget that blanket D on Luka. This year as Royce took a step backwards it seemed that Bogey got the toughest defensive assignments on top of his scoring duties. Overall just a tremendous year for the ageless warrior IMO.
Rudy, Don, Joey, Bogey....always sad to turn a page.....good luck for him at Detroit.
What? No love for Royce?

Last edited: