What's new

Bosh / Bynum trade?

Ferguson_Mellochill

2019 Prediction Contest Winner
That would give the Lakers a line up of Fisher/Kobe/Artest/Bosh/Gasol.... or Odom/Bosh if they go a bit smaller.

It's really hard to compete when all the All-Star players only want to go to one of a small handful of teams, starting with the Lakers. Kobe's Lakers used to get outed in the first round of the playoffs before the Gasol trade. Adding Bosh for Bynum would be as ridiculous as the Gasol trade.

If it happens, they can just mail LA the trophy. But I suspect Bosh has an ego that will allow him to play with one star, not two, and the other star can't be a big.

Call me crazy but I think the move would hurt the Lakers way more than they even know.

Why do they need Bosh? They have Kobe to score 25-30 a night. Gasol has no problem pouring in 16-20. Heck, 25 on some nights without sweating too much. Artest, Bynum, Odom and Fisher (to a far lesser degree) who each have the ability to get them 10-20. Offense is no problem. Their team as currently constructed has six players (the ones mentioned) who each bring something uniquely different to the offense due to their skills, size, athleticism and mindset. They compliment each other extremely well in my opinion. And they all know their role on the team. That's huge.

What would Bosh bring that's different? Could he co-exist with Kobe AND Gasol. Could Gasol co-exist with Kobe and Bosh? Not to mention options 4, 5, and 6 in Odom, Artest, and Fisher.

Bynum is 22, is unbelievably refined on offense, very big, very big ( it needs to be said twice) and plays strong defense inside. He is totally unheralded and I've loved watching him as he guts out these playoffs on a totally ****ed up knee (which I have to think is a huge individual risk quite obviously) for the team and for winning.

If they trade him and all of a sudden, Gasol or Bosh would have to play center, I don't see the transition being so smooth. Gasol's height is great at the 4 and Bynum brings even more size in height and weight at the 5 right now and is a great buffer and security blanket for him. Would Bosh be the same for Gasol if he had to play the 5? In my opinion, no chance in hell. He's a 4. And with Bosh at the 4 and Gasol at the 5, they'd be much better but I'm not sure great. Sure, against almost all teams, they'd be fine. Against another team of championship caliber, especially in the paint, I'm not so sure.

In short, I love Gasol. But like any cog in any wheel, I think those around him (Bynum, Kobe, Artest, Odom) have been crucial to his success. To the team's success. And I think a Bosh for Bynum swap would disrupt all that.

If this happens then the next few seasons don't matter. Let's face it, Bynum is an injury case who is not all that great to begin with. They would have by far the best team in the league.

Call me crazy but I think the move would hurt the Lakers way more than they even know.

Why do they need Bosh? They have Kobe to score 25-30 a night. Gasol has no problem pouring in 16-20. Heck, 25 on some nights without sweating too much. Artest, Bynum, Odom and Fisher (to a far lesser degree) who each have the ability to get them 10-20. Offense is no problem. Their team as currently constructed has six players (the ones mentioned) who each bring something uniquely different to the offense due to their skills, size, athleticism and mindset. They compliment each other extremely well in my opinion. And they all know their role on the team. That's huge.

What would Bosh bring that's different? Could he co-exist with Kobe AND Gasol. Could Gasol co-exist with Kobe and Bosh? Not to mention options 4, 5, and 6 in Odom, Artest, and Fisher.

Bynum is 22, is unbelievably refined on offense, very big, very big ( it needs to be said twice) and plays strong defense inside. He is totally unheralded and I've loved watching him as he guts out these playoffs on a totally ****ed up knee (which I have to think is a huge individual risk quite obviously) for the team and for winning.

If they trade him and all of a sudden, Gasol or Bosh would have to play center, I don't see the transition being so smooth. Gasol's height is great at the 4 and Bynum brings even more size in height and weight at the 5 right now and is a great buffer and security blanket for him. Would Bosh be the same for Gasol if he had to play the 5? In my opinion, no chance in hell. He's a 4. And with Bosh at the 4 and Gasol at the 5, they'd be much better but I'm not sure great. Sure, against almost all teams, they'd be fine. Against another team of championship caliber, especially in the paint, I'm not so sure.

In short, I love Gasol. But like any cog in any wheel, I think those around him (Bynum, Kobe, Artest, Odom) have been crucial to his success. To the team's success. And I think a Bosh for Bynum swap would disrupt all that.

I concur.

I think that trade could backfire for the lakers. Bynum is a legit 7 footer who has all star potential. He brings a huge defensive presence already. Bosh is good, but has reached his potential and is terrible on defense. Did I mention Bynum is only 21?

Bynum complements Bynum perfectly. They cover each others weaknesses. If they make this trade, there won't be enough balls to go around.

Actually , I think Bosh for Bunym could be good for Jazz chances against Fakers.At least Gasol/Bosh will not be tougher matchup for Jazz than Gasol/Bunym.Ideal situation would be Odom+Bunym for Bosh...