What's new

Brandon Davies is a sleeper?

franklin

Brandon Davies, 6’10, PF/Center, BYU (17.8 ppg, 8.1 rpg) - You may remember Davies as the guy kicked off Jimmer Fredette’s team (during Davies’ sophomore season) for having sexual relations, which is against school rules, but you’ll learn to know him when he kicks off his NBA career.

This kid has all the tools to be an immediate glue guy in the NBA and has the frame to log heavy minutes every night. The big question is whether he can evelop a mid-range jumper that he’ll need to draw his defender out of the paint, but whoever drafts Davies is getting a player who, barring injuries, will have a long and active NBA career.

https://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/06/25/draft-sleepers-plenty-of-potential-gems-available/

*Please move to Jazz forum if remotely Jazz related.

I'd be interested to see some stats on that mid-range jumper because after watching him for 4 years, my feeling is that he already has it/has already developed it to some degree. He could improve it though.

Draft Davies, trade for Jimmer and go get Ainge to be our GM. Add Jabari next season and then watch the championships follow!

In the 2nd round? Even Utah fans would say yes.

You don't find 6 foot 10 athletic guys available in the 2nd round. So yes, he's a sleeper. He could be a very serviceable player.

In the 2nd round? Even Utah fans would say yes.

You don't find 6 foot 10 athletic guys available in the 2nd round. So yes, he's a sleeper. He could be a very serviceable player.
Agree. This is a Millsap-type pick. Davies could be a decent backup to Favors at PF. At worst, he takes over Kanter's old role and plays 5-10 mins per game unless injuries or foul trouble require him to play more. I'd be happy if the Jazz draft a big at #14, backup PG at #21 and then Davies at #46.