What's new

Bryan Colangelo Caught w/ Burner Accounts

Wow, this is one of the most bizarre things I've read in a long time. Yeah, he definitely needs to be fired for this.

Prolly the best thing that could happen for Philly...

This **** is crazy doe... talking smack about Embiid.

This is the most wild/bizarre story I've heard in quite some time. Everyone's getting in on the act. Embid, other players, GMs, owners. Hilarious stuff.

Its not provable it was him.

The account he admitted to having didn't say any of the crazy stuff. Someone could be framing him.

Or someone knew about it... pissed him off so he tipped off The Ringer.

The accounts that flipped from public to private after being notified is pretty damning... unless the framer also knew about being tipped off or if it was a setup by the ringer.

Or someone knew about it... pissed him off so he tipped off The Ringer.

The accounts that flipped from public to private after being notified is pretty damning... unless the framer also knew about being tipped off or if it was a setup by the ringer.

I genuinely doubt it was a setup. Too many coincidental things.

Hinkie ran his AI analytics software and it spat out the 5 accounts. Revenge of the nerd!
y6SQb3P.jpg

Also:

DeaPctmXcAIBl0E

Here's Colangelo's statement:

Like many of my colleagues in sports, I have used social media as a means to keep up with the news. While I have never posted anything whatsoever on social media, I have used the @Phila1234567 Twitter account referenced in this story to monitor our industry and other current events. This storyline is disturbing to me on many levels, as I am not familiar with any of the other accounts that have been brought to my attention, nor do I know who is behind them or what their motives may be in using them.
[bolded part by me]
Something damning - the ringer inquired about 2 of the accounts but didn't mentioned the other 3 they had. And it was those 3 that went down hours after the inquiry. To me the conspiracy angle(that it's someone trying to set up Colangelo) is dead on arrival. There is no way the conspirator would have known when the inquiry was made and what accounts the Ringer inquired about. So this leaves either Colangelo or someone close to him(family member or friend) defending him on twitter and leaking information that's not been released previously - some of it confidential(medicals of players, etc).

More damning:
-The Ringer inquired about 2 accounts - the one Colangelo confirmed is his and the Eric Jr account.
-It wasn't those 2 accounts that went dark after the inquiry - it was the OTHER 3 accounts... which makes perfect sense if it's Colangelo trying to hide his tracks. He knew it would look suspicious if he shut down the accounts he was just asked about... but he didn't know the Ringer had the other 3 accounts and shut them down thinking he's doing it before they find them, too.

To me it's incredibly obvious - it's either Bryan Colangelo or someone close to him(like wife, son, father, close friend)... I have close to zero doubt this is the case and Bryan Colangelo just lied in an official public statement about it.

How long does he keep his job for? Gone before or after the draft? Anyone got Vegas odds?