What's new

Buffalo Shooting

Because it isn't about the issues anymore. It's about voting against whatever the other guy wants no matter what. Cannot show weakness by not castigating the enemy at every opportunity. Our politics have devolved into Jr high School spats. They've lost all sight of their job being to do what's best for the country. All they care about now is blocking the other guy and getting reelected. That's it.
Or maybe the GOP opposition was about the part of the bill that gave the Labor Department the power to level "civil monetary penalties" on parties they believed were not complying with their dictates. No courts or law enforcement needed. The Labor Department would be able to decree a thing and unilaterally fine anyone who did not comply. Then they hid this evil piece of power-grabbing legislation in a bill about protecting children's mental health and relied on their moronic base of supporters to decry any opposition as being against children.

Or maybe the GOP opposition was about the part of the bill that gave the Labor Department the power to level "civil monetary penalties" on parties they believed were not complying with their dictates. No courts or law enforcement needed. The Labor Department would be able to decree a thing and unilaterally fine anyone who did not comply. Then they hid this evil piece of power-grabbing legislation in a bill about protecting children's mental health and relied on their moronic base of supporters to decry any opposition as being against children.
So Republicans believe it's better for thousands of children to suffer and die by their own hand and possibly commit school shootings than have an automatic provision that would make businesses pay money if not in compliance. So money for business is more important than mental health for children. Um, ok?

You do realize there are a lot of laws with automatic fines attached for non-compliance, right? This is neither new nor unique.

You do realize there are a lot of laws with automatic fines attached for non-compliance, right? This is neither new nor unique.
Stripping away due process protections is not a thing I support however I do applaud your honesty in admitting the great damage done to children by The Thriller and those like him. This so-called school mental health bill uses as its justification the social damage done by the COVID-related school shut-downs. You are saying the COVID-related school shut downs championed by educators like The Thriller have turned kids into potential school shooters and the schools now need more money to undo the damage they inflicted. While I agree with you that educators like The Thriller did do a ton of damage to the kids in their charge with the school shut-downs, I don't know that I'd go as far as you to claim he turned them into potential school shooters.

As for providing aid to counter the damage by by The Thriller and his ilk, how about putting it in a bill that doesn't hack away due process protections for citizens?

Because it isn't about the issues anymore. It's about voting against whatever the other guy wants no matter what. Cannot show weakness by not castigating the enemy at every opportunity. Our politics have devolved into Jr high School spats. They've lost all sight of their job being to do what's best for the country. All they care about now is blocking the other guy and getting reelected. That's it.
Sigh. I know I know you’re right but it doesn’t make it any less depressing. We live in a country where 40ish percent of the population are a bunch of oppositional disorder spoiled adolescents and they elect leaders not to accomplish anything but to perpetually troll the rest of the country that actually might attempt to govern and find solutions for problems. What a horrible place we’re in.

Trolling just to troll. And he knows that his constituents his either too stupid to learn the truth or too tribal to care.

View: https://twitter.com/mattgaetz/status/1576705091943661568?s=46&t=FqQ_suoKJYLXudjyhD9qVg