What's new

Burks must be in serious trade talks

Royce and Burks play different positions.

Ingles, hood, and Rubio have all had big strings of crappy games yet don’t get dnp’s or anything.

Maybe Burks is getting traded. (I hope so)

I thought the narrative was that the Jazz played him early in the season, he looked good, but it didn't fool any of the other GMs. He suffers from a skewed pay to production ratio. I believe the DNP means they have given up hope on a trade.

Burks deserves a new start. He's going nowhere here. If I was him, I would be begging to be traded.

Burks deserves a new start. He's going nowhere here. If I was him, I would be begging to be traded.

You may be right, I like Burks and wish him well, but nobody is taking on that contract and Quin is not going to change his expectations to allow Alec on the floor more frequently. His best bet may be to offer the jazz a structured buyout plan at a significant discount, but who does that with 10-million?

Burks has been shafted since the beginning, but then Corbin had no business coaching professional bball. It's unrighteous the way he's treated compared to any other player regardless of position. Here's to hoping they trade him so he can get a fresh start and prove me right or wrong. His contract now will be cheaper than the one he signs next. The dumbassery that some fans display is astounding.

Burks has been shafted since the beginning, but then Corbin had no business coaching professional bball. It's unrighteous the way he's treated compared to any other player regardless of position. Here's to hoping they trade him so he can get a fresh start and prove me right or wrong. His contract now will be cheaper than the one he signs next. The dumbassery that some fans display is astounding.

the dumbassery Alec constantly displays on the basketball court is pretty astounding too

Reactions: Tak
Other players are allowed to suck, badly, and continue to play with almost no loss of minutes/opportunities. Burks never had that luxury.

It doesn’t matter how badly Rubio, JJ, hood, or ingles play...... their minutes and opportunities won’t decreases much, if at all. Dante was treated the same way last year that Burks is this year. Coaches are human and have their favorites and not everyone can get on the court equally. Burks is the odd man out for whatever the reason. He is done here and hopefully gets traded.

Other players are allowed to suck, badly, and continue to play with almost no loss of minutes/opportunities. Burks never had that luxury.

It doesn’t matter how badly Rubio, JJ, hood, or ingles play...... their minutes and opportunities won’t decreases much, if at all. Dante was treated the same way last year that Burks is this year. Coaches are human and have their favorites and not everyone can get on the court equally. Burks is the odd man out for whatever the reason. He is done here and hopefully gets traded.

I agree Compare the latitude that Rodney has had, Betraward and others. I hope Alec kicks on in another setting.

I just think that if he weren't getting traded, he wouldn't have gotten the DNP. Seems suspicious that Tony Jones didn't mention Burks in that article; it could mean he knows something.