What's new

Caitlin Clark

Was it a bad call or just a surprising call because NBA refs swallow their whistles?

I thought UCONN’s coach dominated his matchup. He just didn’t have the players. But UCONN also benefitted from Clark’s teammates missing at least 5 layups/bunnies at the rim. They make those easy buckets then suddenly it’s not a one possession game in the end.

It blows me away how much more physical the refs allow NCAA players vs NBA players. The NBA game has become way too soft. Every game feels like an all star game where no one attempts to play defense and zero contact is made. Scores end up artificially inflated. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed watching this year’s march madness, both men’s and women’s than the NBA this year. There comes a point where it’s not fun watching even the worst teams score on every possession and finishing games with 130+ pts.

I’m probably in the minority though. I miss when teams attempted to play defense, valued possessions, and did something other than shoot quick 3s off the p&r.

I haven't been to a WNBA game since the Utah Starzz, but I'll have to check out Clark with the Fever next year.
According to google the Fever were 2nd to last in attendance (kind of shocked me as I thought Indiana would support basketball). Will be fascinating to see what Clark does for attendance.

According to google the Fever were 2nd to last in attendance (kind of shocked me as I thought Indiana would support basketball). Will be fascinating to see what Clark does for attendance.
Yeah, that is surprising, I've never lived in a place that likes basketball as much as Indiana.

I believe the Fever have been the worst team in the league for two years in a row, so that's probably why. I would also say that people here seem to be more in to amateur basketball than professional basketball as well.

Yeah, that is surprising, I've never lived in a place that likes basketball as much as Indiana.

I believe the Fever have been the worst team in the league for two years in a row, so that's probably why. I would also say that people here seem to be more in to amateur basketball than professional basketball as well.
I perused their roster and they got so many top 5 picks. Glad their tank finally paid off.

The Fever had 442/1000 lottery combinations to win. 44.2% chance at Clark that is amazing. They also got the 1st pick last year and took Boston. Clark/Boston alone should help them start to win games.

I’d say women’s games in general are more entertaining than most nba contests these days. Better fundamentals, more physicality, and a better product. That’s because the woman’s game has progressed while I find the men’s game has regressed into boring lifeless 3 point shooting contests. It’s like most nba games are all star contests. What even is this ****?

IMG_4688.png

That would never get calles in the same situation in the NBA. It wasn't moving enough
NBA officiating is far more politically and commercially motivated anyway. Can never compare any other organization to the NBA. NBA allows so much that isn't in the rule book anywhere else, like carries and offensive fouls, all in the name of creating a more exciting product. It's all about the product in the NBA, not the actual game.

NBA officiating is far more politically and commercially motivated anyway. Can never compare any other organization to the NBA. NBA allows so much that isn't in the rule book anywhere else, like carries and offensive fouls, all in the name of creating a more exciting product. It's all about the product in the NBA, not the actual game.
YOu cant tell me the woman's tourney is not more commercially motivated to have Clark in the final game.

YOu cant tell me the woman's tourney is not more commercially motivated to have Clark in the final game.
More commercially motivated to skewer one of the hallmarks of the league, that they play basketball the way it is "supposed" to be played and one of the things the fan bar consistently identifies as a top reason to watch? More commercially motivated than the NBA where the league makes more in a handful of meaningless games than all of the women's basketball organizations make in a season? Get real.

More commercially motivated to skewer one of the hallmarks of the league, that they play basketball the way it is "supposed" to be played and one of the things the fan bar consistently identifies as a top reason to watch? More commercially motivated than the NBA where the league makes more in a handful of meaningless games than all of the women's basketball organizations make in a season? Get real.
Caitlyn Clark runs down the floor and pulls from 30 feet fading to her left. How is that how the game is "supposed to be played"?

And yes, the NCAA is the most commercially motivated, capitalism driven sports organization in the entire world. It's the only organization that has is worth multi-billions of dollars and pays it's athletes no money.

Caitlyn Clark runs down the floor and pulls from 30 feet fading to her left. How is that how the game is "supposed to be played"?

And yes, the NCAA is the most commercially motivated, capitalism driven sports organization in the entire world. It's the only organization that has is worth multi-billions of dollars and pays it's athletes no money.
I will fight to the death to defend your right to be wrong.

It’s pretty incredible how fast this change has occurred. I seem to remember players dribbling quite different in the statue days. And that hop jump would’ve been an incredible move for Malone but that move hadn’t been allowed yet. Guys are so big and athletic, that it really changes the game to allow all the traveling, extra hops, and carries. I thoroughly enjoy high school and college ball over the NBA as they still abide by the rules for the most part. It forces players to pass more, play smarter, etc rather than relying on their unreal size (giannis) or speed (basically any nba guard these days).