What's new
  • This community for NHL hockey in Utah will migrate from JazzFanz.com to a stand-alone location in the coming months. For now, lets talk hockey!

Can someone rank the 5-7 best players/prospects on the team?

Tom Pitt

I'm trying to get acquainted with Hockey and the team/players that will be playing for the Utah team this fall. Can someone rank the 5-7 best players/prospects on the team and provide some analysis? Anyone here an "expert" on the NHL?

Logan Cooley

19 year old rookie, third overall pick last year had a really solid rookie year. That is the guy you would be hoping turns into a huge star.

They had some dude on 97.5 and if I'm remembering correctly this team has 7 1st round picks on the team. It's very young team but on the rise. He also said they have 2 good goalies. There is also some built up draft capital and a ton of cap space.

Logan Cooley
Dylan Guenther
Conor Geekie
Were you a Coyotes fan? I also can't remember if you're an AZ native or just live there. If native, how'd you end up with the Jazz?

Were you a Coyotes fan? I also can't remember if you're an AZ native or just live there. If native, how'd you end up with the Jazz?
I’m from Cedar City. I just live in Arizona. I have followed the Coyotes a little but admittedly not the biggest hockey fan.

He’s not a top 5 player on the team but Josh Doan would certainly be one of the more intriguing top prospects. His dad is Shane Doan a long time coyote and one of the most beloved players. He’s following in his fathers footsteps. Shane was drafted and after one season in Quebec the team moved to Phoenix. Josh was drafted and played one season in Phoenix before the team moved to Utah.