What's new

Carmelo Anthony removes no trade clause to Cavs

Beantown

Could the Jazz step in and help facilitate the trade?!

Here is my proposal: http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=uyb8vxf

Cavs get Carmelo

NY gets Exum, Diaw, Burks

Jazz get Love

New Jazz lineup:

Rubio/Neto
Hood/Johnson/Mitchell
Hayward/Ingles
Love/Favors
Gobert/Bradley

That team would be insane! They can definitely compete with the Warriors.

You think anyone says no to that trade? I really feel like it's a win-win for every team.

Yeah, I think Cleveland says hell no.

Cleveland is so *** deep in the repeater tax, that extra 4 million from Melo probably equals paying 10 extra million in LT. So paying 14 million more for a worse player.

Actually, Love was the "big move" I said might still happen. I was thinking originally it might be PG to Cleveland. But Melo makes a lot more sense.

I doubt NY takes Burks. They want to rebuild. I think the deal would be for Favors, Diaw, their choice of Hood or Exum and next year's 1st.

Actually, Love was the "big move" I said might still happen. I was thinking originally it might be PG to Cleveland. But Melo makes a lot more sense.

I doubt NY takes Burks. They want to rebuild. I think the deal would be for Favors, Diaw, their choice of Hood or Exum and next year's 1st.

Que? Why are we giving NYK a first round pick for a guy they have been desperate to get rid of?

If anything, Cleveland should get the pick and/or Hood/Exum (1000% they would want Hood).

You think anyone says no to that trade? I really feel like it's a win-win for every team.
Exum Diaw Burks for Love!! Lmaooo

Win win for every team doesn't mean that the team you're a fan of gives up absolutely nothing except bad contracts and you get an all star in return.

Why don't the knicks just get Love? Do the knicks really want Exum that bad when they just got Ntktitltikltlkta?

I doubt Love is for sale in a Melo pickup. They are trying to build a superteam. But it is nice to see someone is staying in the East. Melo moving West would have just pissed me off.

If they REALLY wanted a new PF who could bring defense, then I could see Favors, a couple draft picks, and Hood for Love. That still may make sense for them, but now it doesn't for Cleveland. Cleveballs just want to add another All Star to their big 3. I doubt they want to move Love.

Instead, I see the Cavs doing something like Tristan Thompson and Iman Shumpert or Channing Frye or Derrick Williams and several draft picks for Melo. It's sloppy for the Knicks so a third team makes sense, but... again, why wouldn't the knicks just get Love if he is actually for sale?

NY wants to get rid of Melo, rumors of even waiving him. This is a great deal for NY.

Love has never really fit with the Cavs, Melo gives them more scoring and gives more time to Tristan.

How do the Cavs trade for Melo without giving up Love? Salaries have to match.

NY wants to get rid of Melo, rumors of even waiving him. This is a great deal for NY.

Love has never really fit with the Cavs, Melo gives them more scoring and gives more time to Tristan.

It's an awful trade for the Cavs.

Yeah, Love's never fit with them. They only won a title with him last year.

This trade might get done if it is Favors, Hood and Diaw. Burks will have to be dumped later. NY would be very interested in Favors and Hood. We also dont really need Favors if we have Love. We also just signed our starting SG to a 13 million a year deal and just drafted our backup/future SG in Mitchell. This also cleans up a little playing time for Burks to showcase himself to the league or maybe show he can still be a 6th man scoring machine for the Jazz that people hoped for.

This trade is dependent on Lebron demanding it.

Jazz also might have to kick a future 1st to Cleveland.

This also gives NY a chance to make the playoffs if Favors and Hood are healthy. Maybe then NY signs Hill. Hill, Lee, Hood, Favors, Porzingis is definitely a playoff team in the East if somewhat healthy.

Depends on whether New York is in tank mode, or if all their leadership just had a lobotomy, or if Jackson were still in charge. Otherwise that is a terrible terrible trade for New York. They would be better off just swapping Melo for Love straight up than taking a crappy trade like that. An unproven point guard with confidence issues, a broken 2-guard, and a washed-up vet from a bygone era when they could just take back one of the best PF in the NBA today?

Cleveland has no GM... they will surely eff this up, but it sounds like they aren't catering to LBJ and that he may be out. I'm not sure they will push Love out and bring Melo in to make him happy.

Someone could steal Love in this scenario, but NYK get too much from us in this scenario... their alternative is Ryan Anderson from Houston.