What's new

Chad Ford Tuesday Night Draft Buzz

My2Cents

"As I first reported on Tuesday, the Nets are now leaning toward Wesley Johnson with the No. 3 pick. But the key word here is leaning. Nets sources suggest that Johnson at three is not a done deal and that Favors, and to a lesser extent, Cousins are still in the conversation.

Sources in Minnesota are saying that they’ll take Derrick Favors at No. 4 if Turner and Johnson are off the board. The T-Wolves may be bummed by this development, but I think it's a great deal. The team lucked into Rubio at No. 5 last year and get a steal with Favors at No. 4 this year. Those two together could be awesome down the road.

The Kings have not made up their mind at No. 5, but a well positioned league source is telling me that they continue to lean toward DeMarcus Cousins with the pick. While there isn’t totally unanimity in the Kings’ war room, that’s where the consensus lies. Greg Monroe is still in the conversation and a trade isn’t out of the realm of possibility but if the draft were to happen tonight, Cousins would be the man.

If the Kings take Cousins at 5, we’re left with an interesting scenario at No. 6 in Golden State. We’ve had Greg Monroe pegged there for a week, but after a poor workout, the Warriors are now leaning away from Monroe. A plugged in source tells us that Ekpe Udoh is now the favorite to land in Golden State if the DeMarcus Cousins and Derek Favors are off the board.

If Cousins and Udoh are off the board, the Pistons will be choosing between Monroe or Ed Davis. As I first reported this morning, Al-Farouq Aminu fell out of the conversation on Monday after he refused to workout in Detroit. While our Mock Draft has the Pistons drafting Davis, that will change if Monroe is on the board. Sources insist that the Pistons have both Cousins and Monroe ahead of Davis and the other big they like, Ekpe Udoh.

At No. 8 we continue to believe that Al-Farouq Aminu is a lock at the Clippers.

At No. 9, the Jazz will have a tough decision between Ed Davis Luke Babbitt, Gordon Hayward and Xavier Henry. While nothing is definitive, it looks like Davis has the lead, followed by Babbitt".

Last edited:
If Minnesota has Favors fall to them and they are not excited we should trade to this spot. I dont know what it would take but we should trade anything not named Dwill to get here. It might take another team but make it happen if this is how the chips fall.

As I first reported on Tuesday, the Nets are now leaning toward Wesley Johnson with the No. 3 pick. But the key word here is leaning. Nets sources suggest that Johnson at three is not a done deal and that Favors, and to a lesser extent, Cousins are still in the conversation.

Wow, what a great paragraph! I'm so glad that you shared this with us! :p

Last edited:
I'm embarrassed for stern........

I really hope we move up, Babbit or Ed does not really get me excited...

I'm obviously David Stern, so naturally I assumed you're Chad Ford. Duh, all of the big wigs post on message boards. CaliJazz is obviously Jerry Buss.

Obviously. I just do this to kill some time between NBA championships...I actually pity all of you Jazz "fanz".

I'm embarrassed for stern........

I really hope we move up, Babbit or Ed does not really get me excited...

Watch this awesome Youtube clip featuring Babbit:

Next, look at any of his high school clips and then compare them. First, you'll notice that Babbit keeps improving his foot speed, every year, and also that he seems to get quicker at dribbling, passing and pretty much everything else, every year.

I think this kid is going to be an awesome player. I'd play him at SF and use him much like Dirk is used. Some people compare Babbit to Mullin. I can see that but I think Babbit is much quicker. Plus, look at his combine numbers. His numbers are only a hair less than John Wall! I think it's safe to say he's quick. Plus, he's super efficient. He's a 50 40 and 90 in college. I think he can be in the NBA as well.

Finally, when you watch the clip, think of Pistol Pete and tell me what you think when he's flying down the court. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_PCqoB0aI&feature=related

Also, hey Stern, can you put something into the next CBA for me? Can you make it possible for teams to be able to restructure a player's contract if it's deemed, through arbitration of course, that the player's productivity has dropped significantly enough to not warrant the same level of pay?

I think that one rule alone would save NBA owners a ton, along with possibly saving some franchises from leaving their current cities unnecessarily.

Thanks, Mr. Stern. ;)

Also, hey Stern, can you put something into the next CBA for me? Can you make it possible for teams to be able to restructure a player's contract if it's deemed, through arbitration of course, that the player's productivity has dropped significantly enough to not warrant the same level of pay?

I think that one rule alone would save NBA owners a ton, along with possibly saving some franchises from leaving their current cities unnecessarily.

Thanks, Mr. Stern. ;)

I'll tell you the same thing I tell all of the teams. If it is in the interest of the Lakers long-term, it will go into that CBA.