What's new

Chad Ford's latest Mock, June 9th

Golfman

This is on insider, and I'll get yelled at if I copy and paste the whole thing. Ford said this is after talking to "numerous NBA team sources".

1. John Wall

2. Evan Turner

3. Derrick Favors

4. Wesley Johnson

5. Greg Monroe

6. DeMarcus Cousins

7. Al-Farouq Aminu

8. Gordon Hayward

9. Luke Babbitt (JAZZ, as if you didn't know we had that pick. He said the Jazz have been higher than most on him all season, and that the league is playing catch up to what the Jazz said in January)

10. Ed Davis

11. Cole Aldrich

12. Paul George

13. Avery Bradley

14. Ekpe Udoh

15. Xavier Henry

16. Hassan Whiteside

I'm too lazy to type the rest.

I'm surprised to see Cousins that far down. And I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Whiteside is not worth the #9 pick.

The Clippers won't select Hayward. They only pick hacks or busts.

If Cousins is really going to slip out of the top 4, the Jazz NEED to move up to get him (if at all possible). Sure, he's not the defender or athlete we want, has a bit of an attitude (although he seems to have loads of competitive fire, contrary to what some idiots are saying), but both his size and skill level are phenomenal. He has the size and talent to become the best two way big man to enter the NBA since Tim Duncan.

Yeah, unfortunately I don't expect Monroe to fall to us. And if we take Babbit, I'll be pissed. I hope like hell we're working on trading up.

Cousins is dropping like a rock because of his immaturity and work ethic (body fat too high).

Is Babbit the second coming of Matthews Harpring?

Does anyone know if Babbit used to play Football?

How does Babbitt improve our team? Don't we need more post players, more defenders, shot blockers, length, somebody who can create, and athleticism? I haven't seen much of Babbitt, but all the scouting reports seem to indicate that he's a lot like Mike Miller, Linas Kleiza, or a bigger Kyle Korver.

Would drafting him indicate an upcoming trade of CJ, AK, or Matthews?

If this mock draft were to happen, I think I might puke and then swear off the Jazz for a few years. You can't pass off on prospects like Ed Davis, Udoh, Aldrich, and Whiteside for someone like Babbitt. (keep in mind I'm basing my opinion on scouting reports).

I too don't understand that concerns over Cousins. On the court, all the "attitude" problems I've seen have been competitive issues. He's overly emotional and competitive in the way that Karl Malone or Rasheed Wallace were. I don't see much Derick Coleman in him, as Derrick just didn't give a damn. So I'm w/ya TICC. If he falls to 6 we gotta get him. Not too often will you find a big aggressive athletic player like Cousins.

anybody check out nbadraft.net's mock? They have us taking Ed Davis. He's an intriguing prospect.

I too don't understand that concerns over Cousins. On the court, all the "attitude" problems I've seen have been competitive issues. He's overly emotional and competitive in the way that Karl Malone or Rasheed Wallace were. I don't see much Derick Coleman in him, as Derrick just didn't give a damn. So I'm w/ya TICC. If he falls to 6 we gotta get him. Not too often will you find a big aggressive athletic player like Cousins.
Bingo. I never got the outrage over the elbow he threw while fighting on the ground for a loose ball. That's exactly the type of player I want on the Jazz - a fighter.

I actually think Jerry Sloan would enjoy coaching DeMarcus Cousins (in between heated exchanges, of course).

Not to urinate on everyone's lunch today, but watching Luke Babbitt on this video... With the hair... and everything... Reminds me of one player.

ADAM MORRISON.

All he needs is a pedophile mustache and I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference between the two.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0_PCqoB0aI

I truly just don't understand why we'd be interested in Babbitt. What does he give us that AK and CJ don't? His cons only make our own liabilities (length, athleticism, ability to create, defense, etc) worse.

Bingo. I never got the outrage over the elbow he threw while fighting on the ground for a loose ball. That's exactly the type of player I want on the Jazz - a fighter.

I actually think Jerry Sloan would enjoy coaching DeMarcus Cousins (in between heated exchanges, of course).

The worse case scenerio IMO for Cousins is Kendrich Perkins.

Best case? Perhaps a less athletic version of Amare? What do you guys think?

The worse case scenerio IMO for Cousins is Kendrich Perkins.

Best case? Perhaps a less athletic version of Amare? What do you guys think?
No.

Perkins is a defender.

What exactly is a less athletic Amare? His game is built on athleticism.

Cousins will be able to rebound and score the basketball from day one. If he can keep decent position and put his hands up, he'll be a defensive improvement at the 5 for the Jazz. He seems to be a great complement to Millsap.

Now, if the Jazz can land Counsins AND use their TPE/other assets to land Beasley as well (I know, I know...), the Jazz frontcourt will be something to be reckoned with (and plenty young).

here's a bit from espn's scouting report on Babbitt (if, like me, you know nothing about this guy):

Babbitt measured around 6-9 in shoes with an 8-9 standing reach. That doesn't blow you away. However, he had an impressive 6-11 wingspan and essentially measures up with Griffin (6-10 in shoes, an 8-9 standing reach and a 6-11 wingspan).

But Griffin is way more athletic, you say? Not according to the combine numbers. Babbitt had a 37.5-inch max vertical, a 3.2-second sprint and an impressive 10.98 lane agility score. Griffin's numbers were 35.5, 3.28 and 10.95, respectively. Griffin clearly had the strength advantage, benching a 185-pound bar 22 times to Babbitt's 15. But 15 reps is still an impressive number.

When Ike Okoye of Boise State went head to head with Babitt, Okoye had 32 points and 14 boards. Babitt had 27 points 4 boards. Is Okoye a first round draft pick? No. So what does that make Babbitt?

When Ike Okoye of Boise State went head to head with Babitt, Okoye had 32 points and 14 boards. Babitt had 27 points 4 boards. Is Okoye a first round draft pick? No. So what does that make Babbitt?

Not as good as Gordon Hayward.

I`d surly take Monroe over Cousins. Monroe is a better defender, passer, and likely better team player. Why would someone want a fat, lazy 6`11" guy who doesn`t block shots or move that well??

Hmm, watched that Babbit highlight video--and I kept thinking " Is Mike Dunleavy left-handed?"

He has a smooth shoot, and sees the court/passes well. But whenever a defender was close to him he was taking multiple fakes or turns to throw up jump shots or fall-aways--never going to the basket. He probably hopes the jazz draft him because he may not get his shot off on any other NBA team. If the Jazz are big on this guy they should wait two years when he gets waived.

*Babbit might fit in with a wide open run & gun helter skelter offense--GS #8 or D' Antoni in New YOrk too bad they don't have a pick!

Last edited: