What's new

Chump teams galore!!!

carolinajazz

Through the entire month of January....the Jazz play only 3 tough teams and one of those games is at home! The rest of the schedule is made up of cannon fodder....chump teams....slop dummies....easy wins! Of course, that depends on whether or not the Jazz play down to the level of their competition.

I know you usually only follow the box scores for your info but the Jazz continually struggle against poor teams because they think they don't have to show up to get one of their "easy wins". Based on the game last night vs Minny, I'd be a little more skepticle on the wins forecast. Hopefully we do take advantage but they need to play to their own strengths as a team and not down to the level of their competition like you said.

Unlike years past Utah has pretty much taken care of business against the bottom feeders of the league - at home and on the road. The exception being the game in Golden State.

Jazz should have a good January.

January will decide whether the Jazz will contend for a top3 seed or for HCA in first round... As long as the Jazz put the effort on defensive end, they give themselves a chance to win the games, no matter how bad they are playing.

The Jazz have had 10th most difficult schedule so far (based on the average winning pct. of opponents that the team has faced). Denver has a soft schedule. Spurs will have their annual long Rodeo Road Trip in early February and the Lakers, who have had by far the easiest schedule so far will eventually play against elites like Spurs, Dallas, Orlando, Boston. It's awfully hard to make such long term predictions in NBA basketball, we have experienced it so many times. My concern going forward is whether or when this team will build a real home court advantage. Next 12 games all seem winnable. From a fan standpoint, I would welcome a 15-4 record in next 19 games (rem. of Dec. + Jan)

I know you usually only follow the box scores for your info....

...let me set you straight! With the advent of the internet, and a top notch computer...I now just about see ALL Jazz games from that source....and although there's about 5 seconds delayed....I say this still qualifies as WATCHING the games! So enough already about box scores! By the way, do you know what coaches and most players look at at half-time and in the locker room at the end of the game? THE BOX SCORE! It tells them a lot.

...let me set you straight! With the advent of the internet, and a top notch computer...I now just about see ALL Jazz games from that source....and although there's about 5 seconds delayed....I say this still qualifies as WATCHING the games! So enough already about box scores! By the way, do you know what coaches and most players look at at half-time and in the locker room at the end of the game? THE BOX SCORE! It tells them a lot.

its more of a 30 seconds to 2 minutes delay when it comes to watching on computer

its more of a 30 seconds to 2 minutes delay when it comes to watching on computer

Not always. I generally watch the Jazz games on computer while following some other games on TV, if broadcast by NBA TV Europe. I have been able to watch the Jazz on the computer with 5-10 sec. delay, some nights. Since you have a super net connection speed, I think the time delay issue comes down to the quality of the stream and the online broadcaster. Despite the fact that Sopcast streams do not lag, I rarely prefer them because time delay is too much.

I know you usually only follow the box scores for your info but the Jazz continually struggle against poor teams because they think they don't have to show up to get one of their "easy wins". Based on the game last night vs Minny, I'd be a little more skepticle on the wins forecast. Hopefully we do take advantage but they need to play to their own strengths as a team and not down to the level of their competition like you said.

Utah is 13-2 against teams with records below .500. Their lone two losses came in late October (Phoenix) and early November (Golden State).

record against inferior foes

the Jazz continually struggle against poor teams

Jazz are 13-1 against the bottom 14 Sagarin-ranked teams. Granted, they are making games more interesting than they should be by digging early holes and not taking control of some games, which will backfire unless reversed. They'll wind up losing some close games and not getting starters as much rest and the bench as much experience if they were consistently blowing these teams out. They have a "never die" mentality, but do not seem to have a "killer's instict" against inferior opponents.

Through the entire month of January....the Jazz play only 3 tough teams and one of those games is at home! The rest of the schedule is made up of cannon fodder....chump teams....slop dummies....easy wins! Of course, that depends on whether or not the Jazz play down to the level of their competition.

We better build a cushion cause I would assume this means the latter part of our schedule is a doozy!