What's new

CJ's 40 Points?

It is nice to see someone on our team can still make that step-back three at the top, like Deron used to.

It is nice to see someone on our team just happened by chance to make that step-back three at the top, like Deron used to.

Fixed.

So were Deron's happen by chance? He was on and his shots were falling. You don't always have to hate on him.

Show me 10 other instances on video where CJ made that shot and I will acknowledge that we now have "someone who can make the step-back 3". We actually had someone who DID make the step-back 3, once or twice, in this game, for one game. That is a far cry from what was said. One data point does not make a trend. By the same logic we now have someone who can go 6/7 from 3. Although CJ has not been close to that number all season.

CJ had an awesome game. I loved watching it. But let's not get carried away yet again the way the homers always do when he has his sporadic good game and start proclaiming him to have other-worldly basketball abilities. Just enjoy the game while it happens and hope it happens again. But the number of airballs he had so frequently this season and his 3pt% for the season, the lowest in his career in fact except maybe his rookie year, shows that this game was an anomaly.

I will never argue that Smiles is NOT talented. He has the definite skill to be successful in this league. My biggest concerns and issues with him are his mental toughness (think Archie) and his consistency (think Trout eating).

CJ Miles shots were mostly contested in my opinion. They weren't wide open shots. His slashing is what made him a great player in that game. He was very versatile in that game. I wish CJ would realize this every game. Rather than just settle for outside jumpers.

I loved the game and I have been a homer for awhile. But this game doesn't change anything. His shot selection wasn't great in this game. I know our Jazz goggles were on for this game because he made the shots. But he still shot a lot of those shots with somebody in his face. When he didn't need to. I thought some of those shots were forced. I know it was fun to watch but he can't keep up this level of play or even half that every game when he forces the outside shot. He needs to be forcing his inside game where he is very good and shooting the 3 when he is wide open.

Good points, Twin. I would add: Every time CJ decides to be a slasher, he has a good game. Every single time. I don't think he has the brains or the motor to do it on a regular basis.

Good points, Twin. I would add: Every time CJ decides to be a slasher, he has a good game. Every single time. I don't think he has the brains or the motor to do it on a regular basis.

Agreed. Maybe if we labeled him as a leader he would. Look what happened when we labeled Big Al as our leader. He exploded.

Miles might improve if we know we are depending on him. But I would bet against it and agree with you that he is not focused enough each game to get it done.

He has done this every time he has started this year. At least the ones I have seen and has been fairly consistent as the starter. I agree that he needs to attack the basket and not settle for jumper's. In this game he did attack the basket and that opened him up for the 3.