What's new

Current Players NBA Draft Quarterfinals: Grayson's Hands vs. Siro

Which team would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siro

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Team Grayson's Hands

PG - Goran Dragic / Lou Williams
SG - James Harden / Andre Iguodala
SF - Luka Doncic / T.J. Warren
PF - Draymond Green / Carmelo Anthony
C - Marc Gasol / Marcin Gortat

Team Siro

PG - Russell Westbrook / Dennis Smith Jr.
SG - Donovan Mitchell / Gary Harris
SF - Andre Roberson / Josh Jackson
PF - Paul Millsap / Julius Randle
C - Jonas Valanciunas / DeAndre Ayton

Great matchup. Two of the top teams in this thing. Hard to decide, but I think GH gets a slight edge with Harden and Gasol. I really hate Roberson in the starting lineup with that injury that he’s coming back from and I’m not bothered by Doncic starting as I think he’ll have a great opportunity to contribute from day one.

Westbrook/Mitchell > Dragic/Harden
Green/Gasol > Millsap/Jonas

Doncic and Roberson are both meh. Roberson is better as of right now but a bad fit.

Siro's bench > WCs bench

I dont like Doncic starting but I also dont love Roberson starting with the group around him. But Harris would probably come in pretty quick and/or start anyways. But the same could be said of WCs team, just about any of his bench guys would start over Doncic, namely Lou, TJ, or Iguodala.

I think Jackson and DSJ will have big jumps this year. Lou is a really good bench scorer to counter Harris.

This one is very close. Siro's bench puts his team over the top for me slightly.

Westbrook/Mitchell > Dragic/Harden
Green/Gasol > Millsap/Jonas

Doncic and Roberson are both meh. Roberson is better as of right now but a bad fit.

Siro's bench > WCs bench

I dont like Doncic starting but I also dont love Roberson starting with the group around him. But Harris would probably come in pretty quick and/or start anyways. But the same could be said of WCs team, just about any of his bench guys would start over Doncic, namely Lou, TJ, or Iguodala.

I think Jackson and DSJ will have big jumps this year. Lou is a really good bench scorer to counter Harris.

This one is very close. Siro's bench puts his team over the top for me slightly.

You kinda lost me when you said Siro's bench is better. I think it's even. Ayton is a rookie, I do think Gortat will still be a bit better in the first year. Lou is a better scorer off the bench than Smith Jnr. who's still finding his feet. Harris is good but Iguodala is also solid defensively. TJ Warren isn't a pushover neither.

I still think the bench is pretty even.

When it's this close I always ask myself "Who's the best player on the court?" rather than going to the bench like most people do. But in this case Westbrook and Harden cancels each other out (previous 2 MVPs). The 2nd best player for both teams for me is Donovan Mitchell but then WC has the Draymond & Gasol pairing. So again, that's tough.

Like I said, it's too close to call for me. Every game would go to double OT. And the 7th game would probably go triple OT.

Ok so finally I've decided that I like Harden, Draymond and Gasol more than any 3 best players from Siro, so I'm gonna go with WC.

Sorry Siro.

Thee is such a sore loser it's funny. Sorry you suck at this game buddy.

I think Siro wins this matchup in 6, and would be more likely to win in 5 than in 7.

GH doesn't have a defensive answer to the awesome guard combinations that Siro can put out. Westbrook and Mitchell would be awesome, but I think you would try and split those two like Houston did with Paul and Harden last year, and pair them with Harris (who is an awesome compliment to both of them). I also think Siro could do some potent small ball lineups with all 3 at once (e.g., Westbrook/Mitchell/Harris/Millsap/Randle or Westbrook/Mitchell/Harris/Roberson/Millsap). Imagine Westbrook pick n roll with Randle rolling, and Milsap, Mitchell, and Harris spaced from 3!

Also, I don't think that GH could put together a good 2 way team as most of the players are weak on at least one side of the floor. On offense, who are you putting around Harden? Gasol might be the best spacer in the starting lineup and he is not the defensive player he once was. Green would also be less of an offensive threat if there aren't great shooters to kick to on the short roll.

Finally, I think that by the end of the series, none of the centers are on the floor in crunch time. When that happens, I think Siro has the best options.