What's new

Current Players NBA Draft Round 1: Addictionary vs. Rgiss

Which team would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Siro

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Team Addictionary

John Wall / Jeff Teague
Andrew Wiggins / Rodney Hood
Kevin Durant / Wilson Chandler
Kevin Love / Zach Randolph
Dwight Howard / Brook Lopez

Team Rgiss

Ben Simmons / Patrick Beverly
Bradley Beal / Devin Booker
Otto Porter / Thabo Sefolosha
Thaddeus Young / Jaren Jackson Jr
Clint Capela / DeAndre Jordan

Rgiss' Case
Simmons and Capela make a KILLER 1-2 punch, and DJ fills in perfectly. Beal/Porter/Young fill in as terrific shooters. When Booker checks in and Simmons out, he takes over the offense. This kid scored 25 PPG on 46/38/88 shooting splits last season. Thabo, JJJ, Beverly are all fantastic players in their roles.

And good luck scoring on this team. Lol. Simmons defends the 2, Beal on the 1. Everyone can switch everything.

Durant is by far the best player on the court, but I dont really like the team around him. Wall did shoot decent from 3 this year but was awful in the playoffs from 3. Wiggins could improve but was not good last year. Howard sucks and isnt a starter anymore for a decent team. Love can shoot but it terrible on defense especially as a PF.

Simmons will have to be the PG since he cant play off ball and hopefully he learns to shoot or all teams will play him like Boston did and he was unplayable at times in that series. Young is heading downhill and will continue next year. I am not sure he is a starter in the NBA anymore. Beal and Porter are about as good as you get shooting wise at those positions. I think it would be better to put Porter at the 4 and start Booker.

This is a hard one for me.

Wall > Simmons
Wiggins < Beal
Durant >> Porter
Love > Young
Howard < Capela

Addy is better at 3 starting positions. Rgiss has a much deeper team. Capela and Jordan cant play together but they dominate that center position for the whole game. Booker is much better than anyone on Addys bench.

Rgiss' team is essentially the Wizards with Beal and Porter, swap Wall for Simmons, and add Capela. Wall/Simmon swap is a wash, so I guess you have an upgrade at the center position with Capela.

But really you're looking at an upgraded Wizards team - is that even a playoffs team in the West? The team just lacks a true superstar that can take the team to the next level when the playoffs come around.

Addictionary - I don't like Howard at center, but he did put up decent numbers last year. Love is gonna be carrying the load next year for the Cavs so I think he'll step up somewhat.

But really addict's team is all about Durant. I'm willing to argue that there's enough talent in Durant alone than the whole of Rgiss' team, and when it counts with 2 minutes left in each game, I think Durant will step up to the plate and carry the team. He has shown he could do that.

Addictionary for me.

Simmons >>>> Wall
Even in a down year plagued with Injuries Wall was still better. Maybe Simmons surpasses him but I doubt it. Unless he learns to shoot teams have an easy play book to shut him down in the playoffs from Boston.

Put Wall on that 76ers team and they are in the finals this year.

Wall is a better athlete, a better scorer,a better shooter, hustles more, and a better passer. Simmons is taller, a better defender, and finishes at the rim better.

Rgiss' team is essentially the Wizards with Beal and Porter, swap Wall for Simmons, and add Capela. Wall/Simmon swap is a wash, so I guess you have an upgrade at the center position with Capela.

But really you're looking at an upgraded Wizards team - is that even a playoffs team in the West? The team just lacks a true superstar that can take the team to the next level when the playoffs come around.

Addictionary - I don't like Howard at center, but he did put up decent numbers last year. Love is gonna be carrying the load next year for the Cavs so I think he'll step up somewhat.

But really addict's team is all about Durant. I'm willing to argue that there's enough talent in Durant alone than the whole of Rgiss' team, and when it counts with 2 minutes left in each game, I think Durant will step up to the plate and carry the team. He has shown he could do that.

Addictionary for me.
Lmfao

Compare my bench to the wizards

Sent from my SM-G950U using JazzFanz mobile app

Tell me, if every team can just shut Simmons down like the Celtics did, why didn't they?
The Celtics happened to be fitted with excellent defensive players and Al Horford making them able to exploit his weaknesses. They were the best defensive team in the league for good reason. Booker and Jordan are easily the best bench players any team in this whole thing has. Thad is getting older but I can run any combo of my wings 2-4. Simmons and Capela work perfectly together and the shooters get open shots from that. I'm honestly shocked at your reaction. Durant and MAYBE love (if I move Porter up) are the only players here who would win their matchups. And my bench blows his out of the water.

Addictionary for me.
And 'wizards with an upgrade at center' is silly. I have two wizards players and theyre playing a role

And why in god's name is Thad Young starting over Booker?

Like I stated earlier, I ignore starting lineups and just judge them on how I would play them, but doing that has probably affected your votes with others.

And why in god's name is Thad Young starting over Booker?

Like I stated earlier, I ignore starting lineups and just judge them on how I would play them, but doing that has probably affected your votes with others.
I needed a scoring punch from the bench and didn't want Sefalosha as my 'backup 2' turns out, people just look at 5 players and say hey this teams better.

Tell me, if every team can just shut Simmons down like the Celtics did, why didn't they?

They did. Did you watch the series?

Simmons stats dropped off big time in that series. But even more importantly he was unplayable at the end of the game. The 76ers went with TJ at PG towards the end of the series and games and played more minutes in the game they actually won and the last 2 games.

Simmons only scored 14.4 points on 47% shooting in that series, his assists dropped to 6.4 and his TOV jumped up to 4.8 per game. His +/- was negative and his net rating was -17.7 against Boston.

Edit: Oh, I see what you mean know. You meant why other teams didnt. I misread your post.

To answer that the Celtics is the last game he played, they showed the blue print for other teams.

Most people predicted Simmons would struggle in the playoffs when there is more 1/2 court offense and you can game plan more for specific players. This will continue to happen every playoffs until he learns to shoot. He will continue to put up inflated stats due to the system in the regular season, but more and more teams will leave him wide open and cut off the passing lanes like Boston did.

I needed a scoring punch from the bench and didn't want Sefalosha as my 'backup 2' turns out, people just look at 5 players and say hey this teams better.

Having a good starting lineup that compliments Simmons is more important. You can't have two non shooters next to him.

Porter at 4 and booker starting would have made this much easier for Rgiss and he could have Thabo as a backup 4 and draft a wing scorer off the bench instead of Young.

Booker looks like he put in some tremendous work this off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes Suns a better a team, especially with Igor.

Porter at 4 and booker starting would have made this much easier for Rgiss and he could have Thabo as a backup 4 and draft a wing scorer off the bench instead of Young.

Booker looks like he put in some tremendous work this off-season. I wouldn't be surprised if he makes Suns a better a team, especially with Igor.
Yes, this is how I looked at the starters anyways. His lineup is bad. But I still think Durant is much better than everyone else on Rgiss's team and he doesnt have enough to overcome that.

But it is really close for me, I think this is a 7 game series.