What's new

Current Players NBA Draft Round 1: Thee jazz fan vs. Siro

Which team would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
Team Thee jazz fan

PG - Terry Rozier / De’Aaron Fox
SG - Victor Oladipo/ Bogdan Bogdanovic
SF - Paul George / Jaylen Brown
PF - Aaron Gordon / Nemanja Bjelica
C - Myles Turner / John Collins

Team Siro

PG - Russell Westbrook / Dennis Smith Jr.
SG - Donovan Mitchell / Gary Harris
SF - Andre Roberson / Josh Jackson
PF - Paul Millsap / Julius Randle
C - Jonas Valanciunas / DeAndre Ayton

Thee jazz fan’s Case:

Rotation

Rozier/24. Oladipo/14 De’Aaron Fox/10
Oladipo/24. Bogdan Bogdanovic/14 Brown/10
George/30 Brown/18
Gordon/30 Bjelica/10 George/8
Turner/28 Collins20

Late 4th quarter lineup

Oladipo
Bogdanovic
Brown
George
Turner

We will be a fast paced 5 out offense, as all 5 of my starters can hit from 3, with lots of pick and roll. Jaylen Brown will act as my 6th man, with Victor playing most of my backup minutes at pg along with his responsibilities as my starting sg.

Siri’s team has a major flaw in that he has only two reliable 3pt shooters in Mitchell and Gary Harris, both play the same position meaning there will only be one 3 point shooter on the court for most of the game. Until Siro’s team proves they can hit the 3 ball with any consistency we will dare them to shoot and go under screens forcing Siro into taking bad shots and into a bad field goal % as there will be nothing available inside.

Another issue will be how Mitchell and Westbrook play off of each other. Westbrook’s Alfa mentality will take away from Mitchell’s effectiveness, and both Rozier and Oladipo are elite to very good defenders, making life a little more difficult for the two.

All 5 of my starters can shoot outside and play both ends of the court. There are no defensive liabilities in my starting lineup. This is why I will win the series. My team is two good offensively and defensively Siro’s team will simply be overwhelmed and warn down in the end.

Siro’s Case:

n/a

One of the top defensive teams in the league gave up 24 points in a single quarter on their home court to Mitchell. I have a hard time counting him out. If Westbrook can share the ball a bit (not in terms of assists, but rather being willing to play off the ball a little more, his usage is crazy high), and allow Mitchell to take the reins from time to time this would be interesting.

In the end really this is the big 2 against the big 2. Oladipo and PG vs RW and DM. The rest kind of wash out. I think RW and DM are the stronger duo.

One of the top defensive teams in the league gave up 24 points in a single quarter on their home court to Mitchell. I have a hard time counting him out. If Westbrook can share the ball a bit (not in terms of assists, but rather being willing to play off the ball a little more, his usage is crazy high), and allow Mitchell to take the reins from time to time this would be interesting.

In the end really this is the big 2 against the big 2. Oladipo and PG vs RW and DM. The rest kind of wash out. I think RW and DM are the stronger duo.
You really think RW would allow for this to happen?

It all comes down to simple fact- Siro is very likeable and thee jazz fan is not. End of matchup.

You just confirmed tjf's suspicions.

I'm winning because my team is better. Don't you take that from me!

Reactions: MVP

I mean, we know Westbrook can play next to another high usage star and win. It's not something anyone has to theorize about.

THJ is certainly a dick, but I don't think he's big enough of a dick for people to pick Siro out of spite.
well, I was just being sarcastic as THJ was complaining in previous matchup he lost that the only reason he is losing because people do not like him. So I am just poking at him.
Siro's team is better, there is not much to discuss.

I don't really like either team. Westbrook is inefficient and if you force him into jump shots he will not help you win. On top of that Mitchell, Westbrook, Roberson, and Millsap are not good three point shooters. I expect Mitchell to improve next year but the other 3 are not. Plus Millsap is heading downhill quick.

Thee has the choker PG who is pretty good and oladipo but after that the talent drops off. His team is based on Gordon really improving next year, which he could.

Mitchell is the best player in this series. He just out played Westbrook and George and is improving. So that leads me to lean towards Siro. He is much better at the guard position, but thee is much better at the forward position.

What's an Alfa mentality?

Where you just want to eat alfalfa all day or only drive Alfa Romeo cars?

THJ has Jaylen Brown and Bogdanovic coming off the bench. That's too much talent.

Siro's center position is kinda one dimensional. If he pulls Randle to 5 Gordon is still better there. Then THJ could move PG to 4 and put Bogdanovic and Brown at 3. I don't think Siro has the defence to keep up with THJ.

THJ has Jaylen Brown and Bogdanovic coming off the bench. That's too much talent.

Siro's center position is kinda one dimensional. If he pulls Randle to 5 Gordon is still better there. Then THJ could move PG to 4 and put Bogdanovic and Brown at 3. I don't think Siro has the defence to keep up with THJ.

I have Harris coming off the bench tho.

Gary Harris and Brown are pretty equal right now. Randle is better right now than Bogdan. But that could change next year for either team.

The real question mark is with the bench is the rest of Siro's guys. His other 3 guys could blow up next year, but that is no guarantee. But the same could be said of 3 guys on Thee's bench. The are pretty equal benches.

Gary Harris and Brown are pretty equal right now. Randle is better right now than Bogdan. But that could change next year for either team.

The real question mark is with the bench is the rest of Siro's guys. His other 3 guys could blow up next year, but that is no guarantee. But the same could be said of 3 guys on Thee's bench. The are pretty equal benches.

I think my bench is slightly better. However, the playoffs are about top 8 guys, really. And mine are way better.

Just out of interest, has anyone ever been swayed by the write-up?

Like if you've made up your mind which team is better, then read the write-up and thought 'oh, actually he's right' and change the vote?

Reactions: MVP
Just out of interest, has anyone ever been swayed by the write-up?

Like if you've made up your mind which team is better, then read the write-up and thought 'oh, actually he's right' and change the vote?

I'm sure it's happened, but I have won the whole thing before without a write up.