What's new

D-Will interviewed after 2005 Draft

prodigy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPsSnkvzm0

[url[/MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/user/memoismoney[/url]

Expect me to drop a D-Will career mix during next season. I've been collecting highlights for it.

... I'll only acknowledge D-Will if he signs an extension with the Jazz and become a Utah Jazz lifer. He has a great opportunity to now 'grow old' with a legit talent in Al Jefferson. A couple of promising young players in Miles and Milsap. And most importantly a committed owner and a competent team of GM and coach.

There are basically 2 main camp of players I see now - the Durant camp (loyal to team, genuine, humble, committed, etc) and the LeBron camp (unloyal, fake, drama queen, uncommitted, etc). Let's say all players fall between the 2 extremes of the spectrum.

Now the test to me is which camp will D-Will fall into? I always thought of him being in the Durant camp (and still hope that he does). He seems humble, genuine and works hard to achieve his goals. But I just don't know... we'll see..

... I'll only acknowledge D-Will if he signs an extension with the Jazz and become a Utah Jazz lifer. He has a great opportunity to now 'grow old' with a legit talent in Al Jefferson. A couple of promising young players in Miles and Milsap. And most importantly a committed owner and a competent team of GM and coach.

There are basically 2 main camp of players I see now - the Durant camp (loyal to team, genuine, humble, committed, etc) and the LeBron camp (unloyal, fake, drama queen, uncommitted, etc). Let's say all players fall between the 2 extremes of the spectrum.

Now the test to me is which camp will D-Will fall into? I always thought of him being in the Durant camp (and still hope that he does). He seems humble, genuine and works hard to achieve his goals. But I just don't know... we'll see..

Um, Durant has been with the Thunder for 3 years now...Lebron was in Cleveland for 7.

I remember being so fed-up with the Jazz when Deron was left languishing on the bench that first season, while CP3 was pwning.

Thanks for posting it. Its funny to see how different Deron was in interviews then when he was still trying to make a good impression.

he totally exceeded expectation on offense, but he's not as good as advertised on defense...

I will be happy with him as long as he plays through his prime with us. If he wants to do a Karl Malone at the end so be it. However, as well all know thanks to great journalism he is assuredly going to the Mavs with that great young team they will have in two years.

Um, Durant has been with the Thunder for 3 years now...Lebron was in Cleveland for 7.

... yeah but Durant did sign a 5 year extension quietly and I actually think unless the Thunder got sold he'll be there a lot longer - similar to how Garnette stayed with the Wolves til the end.

LeBron on the other left in the worst fashion possible and I think he'll actually go down in the history as the most hated NBA player ever lived.

Watch this space.

I will be happy with him as long as he plays through his prime with us. If he wants to do a Karl Malone at the end so be it. However, as well all know thanks to great journalism he is assuredly going to the Mavs with that great young team they will have in two years.

The West will be weaker this year (except for the Lakers) - so we might be able to do some damage in the Playoffs.

It's the year after that I'm looking forward to (if there is no lock out):

- Contract year for D-Will
- No more Phil Jackson (which I think is the reason Jazz lost to the Bulls in the '90s and again with the Lakers)
- Denver will be rebuilding still
- Other teams? Just don't see it.. (except may be OKC)

D-Will isn't stupid. He'll wait to see how we do in 1-2 years, if still no improvements I'm sure he'll take a long hard look at other options..

Fingers crossed!

Deron's going to sign an extension two years before he can even opt out? And you're going to put a gun to his head about it? You've got your head on straight.

... yeah but Durant did sign a 5 year extension quietly and I actually think unless the Thunder got sold he'll be there a lot longer - similar to how Garnette stayed with the Wolves til the end.

LeBron on the other left in the worst fashion possible and I think he'll actually go down in the history as the most hated NBA player ever lived.

Watch this space.
Lebron signed an extremely similar extension...Durant will stay with the Thunder if they are competing for Championships. I don't like the way Lebron announced his decision, but I don't blame him at all for leaving. Mike Brown was a ****** coach, Byron Scott ain't much better, and Cleveland had made too many desperation moves that hadn't worked out. He could basically either play with Antwan Jamison, Mo Williams, and the guy who banged his mom or he could play with DWade and Chris Bosh. Pretty easy decision.

Lebron signed an extremely similar extension...Durant will stay with the Thunder if they are competing for Championships. I don't like the way Lebron announced his decision, but I don't blame him at all for leaving. Mike Brown was a ****** coach, Byron Scott ain't much better, and Cleveland had made too many desperation moves that hadn't worked out. He could basically either play with Antwan Jamison, Mo Williams, and the guy who banged his mom or he could play with DWade and Chris Bosh. Pretty easy decision.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/westde01.htmlDelonte West is his name and the Cavaliers traded West along with Telfair for Session, Hollins and a future draft pick. Besides that I'd pay money to see somebody bring a sign to the Heat game that say "Hey LBJ, Delonte West has decided to bring his talents to your mom's south beach" or something to that affect.

Yeah easy decision if you're like a third rate player riding the pine and waiting for a Championship ring to magically appear on your finger. This is LeBron we're talking about - possibly the most gifted athlete in all of sports over the last 10 - and potentially for the next 10 years. If he can't make it work with that cast - no one can.

You've got to work for it - you've got to earn it. 1 ring in Cleveland is worth 10 in Miami - enuf said.