What's new

Danny Green?

NAOS

Can GUARD the PG and SG. Can SHOOT. Is a RFA.

We need.

End of Story.

How much to pry him away?

I feel like Green is a product of the Spurs system. I wouldn't pay him very much.

yeah, I wouldn't pay him much either. But, if I have to have a "fifth guy" out there in the starting lineup who is my backcourt defensive enforcer, I'll take him 10 out of 10 times over Carroll (with all due respect to the latter; I'd be happy if he worked hard enough to stay, too).

yeah, I wouldn't pay him much either. But, if I have to have a "fifth guy" out there in the starting lineup who is my backcourt defensive enforcer, I'll take him 10 out of 10 times over Carroll (with all due respect to the latter; I'd be happy if he worked hard enough to stay, too).

Oh I would absolutely take him over Carroll, I just think that his numbers are inflated due to him playing with the smartest team in the league.

In all honesty, I would compare him to a less-athletic Matt Barnes with less attitude. I like him, but I don't really like him.

I would rather just keep Carroll since he can probably be had for 2-3 million dollars cheaper and he can play SF. I also see him a better defender. Nothing Green does impresses me other than his 3pt shooting, which is overblown due to the Spurs amazing ability to get him open shots.

How much to pry him away?
Green obviously is an effective player but my opinion is whatever the price it would take to get him would ultimately be too much. I just don't like giving role-players on great teams much $ because most of the times these guys are effective because their teammates/coaches make them better than they are...kind of like role players who played with Jordan/Pippen and Stockton/Malone...teams would sign those guys to some nice-sized contracts and they often flopped in a new system.

If SA likes Green enough they'll match...if they don't think he's worth it they'll let him walk - but either way I would assume Pop and Buford know what they're doing and will ultimately be on the right side of any deal/no deal. Don't get me wrong I like Green - I just think he's the classic system role-player who will be overvalued by lesser teams.

Green obviously is an effective player but my opinion is whatever the price it would take to get him would ultimately be too much. I just don't like giving role-players on great teams much $ because most of the times these guys are effective because their teammates/coaches make them better than they are...kind of like role players who played with Jordan/Pippen and Stockton/Malone...teams would sign those guys to some nice-sized contracts and they often flopped in a new system.

If SA likes Green enough they'll match...if they don't think he's worth it they'll let him walk - but either way I would assume Pop and Buford know what they're doing and will ultimately be on the right side of any deal/no deal. Don't get me wrong I like Green - I just think he's the classic system role-player who will be overvalued by lesser teams.

Can we say Trevor ariza.

I would rather just keep Carroll since he can probably be had for 2-3 million dollars cheaper and he can play SF. I also see him a better defender. Nothing Green does impresses me other than his 3pt shooting, which is overblown due to the Spurs amazing ability to get him open shots.

Its not that amazing, it's actually pretty simple how he gets open shots.

I feel like Green is a product of the Spurs system. I wouldn't pay him very much.

System players always scare me. How many times did someone overpay a former Jazzman and then that player disappeared?

Green has looked horrible against OKC.

System players always scare me. How many times did someone overpay a former Jazzman and then that player disappeared?

Green has looked horrible against OKC.

I haven't seen many minutes in this series, but I think Green has looked much worse in the two games in OKC.

This is just an impression.

I wouldn't pay him big bucks, but he can definitely help our team. That's all.

I haven't seen many minutes in this series, but I think Green has looked much worse in the two games in OKC.

This is just an impression.

I wouldn't pay him big bucks, but he can definitely help our team. That's all.

My thoughts as well.

Danny Green

Unrestricted
Affordable
Good shooter
Good defender
Winner
DL has ties
Similar system
Realistic

The end

Discuss