What's new

David Fizdale fired after Marc Gasol threw a fit for being benched in the 4th in Memphis' last game

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/935257787717836801

Imagine if Rudy had thrown a similar fit last year when Quin benched him at the end of the game... exactly against Memphis as it happens. What would have happened you think?
Nothing.

Reports are Gasol and Fizdale never got along that well, and it came to a boiling point in the summer.

Quin/Rudy have a great relationship so I think them beefing with each other over playing time would be handled between themselves.

Memphis isnt a team that can afford to tank. They have to stick true to grit and grind and put out a team that can make the playoffs.

Can't tank with Conley and Gasol but that team is going nowhere.

Fizdale will get a job soon. Denver should fire Malone and OKC is prolly going to fire Donovan soon.

So they started 7-4 and now they fire the guy for losing 8 in a row.

Their roster lacks depth. Conley and Gasol are good and Evans has been great for them but they're maybe 8 players deep. Also, I noticed everything went haywire right around when Green returned from injury.

I think LeBron is being a bit hypocritical. he's all for a players league where they have all the power, but now that one of his old buddies has become the victim of a player flexing his muscle and leveraging his status in a franchise he's all hurt and upset ???

I think LeBron is being a bit hypocritical. he's all for a players league where they have all the power, but now that one of his old buddies has become the victim of a player flexing his muscle and leveraging his status in a franchise he's all hurt and upset ???
Wild that Lebron sticks up for a friend of his.

Pretty wildly dumb that he bleets "I want answers" like it's been some secret conspiracy. When the answer is glaringly obvious management chose Gasol over his buddy
Again, crazy he is sticking up for his friend. Just wild. Friends never ignore logic or reason to stand up for their friends, never.

When something controversial happens to someone, I always go to their friends for answers knowing they would never have any bias. Why is Lebron such a weird friend?