What's new

David Griffin: "How the h*** do we not love the Utah Jazz?"

TheStormofWar

https://player.fm/series/the-full-48

Still the offseason.

David Griffin is a former GM who helped bring a championship to Cleveland in 2016 and did Howard Beck's "Full 48" podcast recently. In any case, he glossed on Utah. He mentioned how he expects the Rockets took a step back with the loss of Mbah and Ariza, and how the Sixers might be worse do the loss of shooting if Fultz doesn't recover his form. Also no one should sleep on Utah. Utah starts at about 16:38.

In particular, he talks about Rubio's impact in Utah and he makes some interesting comparisons between Utah and Golden State in terms of continuity. He also added some interesting speculation that Paul doesn't go off on Utah the way he does if Rubio is there.

jazz are good, but I think people like us and griffin are over-rating us a bit.

we are good, but this west is s bloodbath. We were like 2 games out the playoffs and one off the 3rd seed.....the West teams are all quite close together in terms of talent, it will come down to which team can execute on any given night. Jazz are good and they will bring it every night, but dont kid your your self, the spurs will be very strong, denver got better, minnie young talent is still improving, lakers just got bron, portland finished 3rd despite their crap tastic playoff run, and the Pelicans have AD(who might win mvp this season) as well as some solid role players, and don't forget OKC got better by shedding Melo and gaining back roberson who can play serious D.

Geez I feel uncomfortable with them giving that much respect to the jazz, just listening to that gave me hives. Lol. I feel like them talking about us being that kind of power in the confence will make it not happen and we will just have another year of mega injuries. But that’s just me being super superstitious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still the offseason.

David Griffin is a former GM who helped bring a championship to Cleveland in 2016 and did Howard Beck's "Full 48" podcast recently. In any case, he glossed on Utah. He mentioned how he expects the Rockets took a step back with the loss of Mbah and Ariza, and how the Sixers might be worse do the loss of shooting if Fultz doesn't recover his form. Also no one should sleep on Utah. Utah starts at about 16:38.

In particular, he talks about Rubio's impact in Utah and he makes some interesting comparisons between Utah and Golden State in terms of continuity. He also added some interesting speculation that Paul doesn't go off on Utah the way he does if Rubio is there.
Good find.

Still the offseason.

Cool podcast, been listening to his interview with Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows who were one of my favourite bands when I was a teenager. Thanks for the link!

jazz are good, but I think people like us and griffin are over-rating us a bit.

we are good, but this west is s bloodbath. We were like 2 games out the playoffs and one off the 3rd seed.....the West teams are all quite close together in terms of talent, it will come down to which team can execute on any given night. Jazz are good and they will bring it every night, but dont kid your your self, the spurs will be very strong, denver got better, minnie young talent is still improving, lakers just got bron, portland finished 3rd despite their crap tastic playoff run, and the Pelicans have AD(who might win mvp this season) as well as some solid role players, and don't forget OKC got better by shedding Melo and gaining back roberson who can play serious D.

I don’t think we are over estimating the Jazz as much as we’re down playing our competition. I can see 2-11 being within 6 games late in the season.

Jazz are as good as advertised. But we down play HOU, SAS, DEN, MIN, NOW, POR, MEM, LAL and OKC as a group.

A large group of really good teams.

Studies done on college team show the more successful teams Road together. I think that is the way the Jazz are going, we are keeping our core intact and we are growing into champions

Sent from my SM-G900V using JazzFanz mobile app

Yeah, this really has the feeling of last season where 2-3 bad losses will be the difference between the 3 and being out of the playoffs.

One advantage the Jazz and Nuggets used to have is that they both seem to get teams on a back to back and they play in altitude. I think it's due to the geographic proximity of the teams and the fact there aren't many teams around them, so it makes sense for a team to play in Denver one night and Salt Lake the next (and vice-versa). I always thought in the past that was worth 2-3 wins at least. However, with the season being extended I'm not sure the Jazz get as many of those games like they used to.

The Jazz need a reliable, athletic 20+ point scorer in the front court. They might have enough of everything else.

Cool podcast, been listening to his interview with Adam Duritz of the Counting Crows who were one of my favourite bands when I was a teenager. Thanks for the link!

Saw the Counting Crows at Red Butte recently and unfortunately Duritz couldn't even come close to singing in the same key as the songs required. The band was good but I felt ripped off. Love their music though. Back up singers could have made it so much better, which makes me think either he has a huge ego or the whole band and management are deaf. Oh, and he was dressed like he just walked out of Walmart... dirty looking oversized jeans with an oversized t-shirt for his out-of-shape physique. Luckily it was still a good night because Red Butte and its crowd is awesome.

Last edited:
Saw the Counting Crows at Red Butte recently and unfortunately Duritz couldn't even come close to singing in the same key as the songs required. The band was good but I felt ripped off. Love their music though. Back up singers could have made it so much better, which makes me think either he has a huge ego or the whole band and management are deaf. Oh, and he was dressed like he just walked out of Walmart... dirty looking oversized jeans with an oversized t-shirt for his out-of-shape physique. Luckily it was still a good night because Red Butte and its crowd is awesome.
Holy ****, you’re right.

He should be Counting Calories.
They paved paradise and put up an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Edit: Let's just hope I never run for political office. Fat-shaming would come back to haunt me. But seriously, I've never understood the nostalgia for these over-the-hill former stars. Let their "good" music live on, but let the actual singers retire to Shady Pines and not try to perform WAY past their primes.