What's new

David Lee?

I'm guessing the Ws asked if we'd take Lee, and they might have inquired about Kanter. Not really appealing from the Jazz's standpoint.

DL would have to haul in something a lot more juicy than just David Lee if GS were expecting Utah to absorb the 15 mil that's owed to him next year.

16 pts, 11 reb, 4 assts, 1.5 steals per 36 this year.

113 Offensive rating, 98 defensive rating (B-Ref)

2.03 real +/- (positive both offensively and defensively)

Rating scores surely inflated from being on GS, but still seems to have some game.

I think I was one of the people who suggested that trade as a possibility(not as a wish) before the deadline. I was wondering what would it take for us to take on that contract, but in general I am happy we didn't do it. I think we are over with the cap-space rentals and this summer will be about strengthening our team to actually contend/fight for playoff spot and I don't see David Lee's 15M contract as a good way to improve our roster. So... in other words, I don't want us to do it in the summer either.

Yeah the contract fit is bad, but it's possible DL has a somewhat underused veteran like Lee in mind if he's ready to go all in on a playoff push.

I think we are done adding and transitioning to an upgrading stage. Turn a player+asset into somebody who takes us further. We do need another big, but Lee is not the type of 'upgrade' we need. Tomic on the other hand..

Too old. Too injured. Too expensive. I'd do it if Barnes cane with him, but other than that I'd rather see them choke on that contract. Between Bogut, Iguadola, Lee and Curry, the more expensive players with majory injury issues that make up the bulk of that roster. . . the better. I want them in the lottery in 2017.

I really like David Lee on offense. Would be a great 3rd big. He would have been the perfect player in Sloan's offense.

Hell no.

If Jazz fans hated boozer and ak missing games for injury, why would we want Lee?

He and booger make up the most brittle frontline I've ever seen.

If we had traded for Lee, it would have been to collect some other asset for taking on his contract. It wouldn't have been because we wanted Lee.

Lee is a scorer and rebounder but can't play a lick of defence. He's basically an older, more expensive version of Kanter with a slightly better ability to pass.

Lee is a scorer and rebounder but can't play a lick of defence. He's basically an older, more expensive version of Kanter with a slightly better ability to pass.
Way better than Kanter. He is one of the best passing bigs.