What's new

Dennis Schroeder@ P3

Game6Conley

Atlanta Hawks' 1st round pick Dennis Schroeder recently came in for his initial assessment at P3. He was very impressive to say the least. In fact, we believe he has the raw materials to be one of the best athletes in the NBA!!

The qualities that define his athletic ability cannot be quantified or categorized through traditional methods of testing basketball players.

from their facebook feed

then theres a video of him jumping and running for 19 seconds

Soooooooo

Basketball isn't won by out jumping and outruning your opponent. This isn't track and field. How is his ability to run the offense? Make shots? Get assists?

Too many folks have this impression that basketball is all about a vertical.

I think a lot of this has to do with many folks never having played competitively and have just watched highlights off sportscenter.

Having played hoops for almost all my life I can tell you that having a vertical helps. But quickness and size is far more important. And even more important than any of this is knowing angles, how to seal people off, how to use picks, and how to shoot the hell out of the ball.

Stockton, Duncan, Bird.

Would be disasters in today's combine. They'd be labeled busts by the so called experts. While *** clowns Dwight Howard, j smooth, and blake griffin would dominate. Thankfully, basketball involves more than having a cute vertical leap. Want to see this? Watch ever single time the clippers play the grizz or spurs. Gasol/z bo and Duncan just destroy the flashy and hip clippers. Blake griffin isn't worthy to be on the same court as z bo.

And yes, I was a pretty good leaper in high school. However in many ways, I'm far better now because I know how to actually play the game rather than out jump or run someone.

looks like the hawks are going to let jeff teague walk for 32mil/4 years and that should open tons of time for Dennis Schroeder!!

i wish all the best for this kid and im glad i live on the east coast, ill be watching the knicks and hawks for the 7oclock games, and the jazz and other west coast teams at 10pm

i was one of the only people in the 2013 draft thread who emphatically stated they prefered Schroder at 14 then trading both picks up for trey burke, i actually repeated this ad nauseum, months prior, then it happened! (WOW!)

run the offense, make shots, and get assists are all well and great, jamal tinsley can do 2/3 of those for the vet minimum, and sometimes he makes shots...

this particular athlete has ridiculous defensive potential... this is first and foremost why i believe that Schroeder was one of the best value picks of the draft

whilst he may not be a trey burke stat stuffer for the regular season, when the playoffs start and you have schroder (starting or off the bench) he can always provide a massive change of pace for the opposing guard or for the team as an adrenaline boost

schroeder isnt exactly a tremendous leaper, his explosion is really more in his first step... if schroder gains vertical explosion... watch out