What's new

Deron Williams still loves Utah

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/...t-hated-status-in-utah-thanks-gordon-hayward/

I know this posted in the stories section but this......this is why Deron should be somewhat forgiven by Jazz fans. Things ended on a sour note, that doesn't mean the overall experience was sour. Wash the bad taste out of your mouth.

I forgave him immediately... was more sad than anything. He gave us notice and the situation wasn't the best. Sloan was great, but he didn't change... D Will was prickly, but he didn't fake us out and leave us in the lurch like Gordon did.

I really enjoyed watching him and was sad he didn't have more success when he left. Big fan of his.

He didn't do anything to leave fans as sour as they were. I stood up and cheered him his first game back with NJ. Dude was an NBA star with an ego like just about all other NBA stars. Not surprising he butted heads with a guy like Jerry and I remember reading a story or something that Raja posted and if it was true than Sloan was way more in the wrong than Deron. The guy ultimately did nothing wrong. Would he have re-signed here? Probably not, but he didn't even get the opportunity to stick with us or bail so I'm not holding that against him.

He didn't do anything to leave fans as sour as they were. I stood up and cheered him his first game back with NJ. Dude was an NBA star with an ego like just about all other NBA stars. Not surprising he butted heads with a guy like Jerry and I remember reading a story or something that Raja posted and if it was true than Sloan was way more in the wrong than Deron. The guy ultimately did nothing wrong. Would he have re-signed here? Probably not, but he didn't even get the opportunity to stick with us or bail so I'm not holding that against him.

I believe he told them he would not sign and that is why he was ultimately traded. Have to appreciate the heads up, especially given our recent experience.

I don’t blame Deron it Jerry. The real culprits are Greg and KOC. From the death of LHM to the hiring of DL were many bleak days.

As much as we all love Donovan for his attitude and the fact he's happy here. Quotes like this, should be just as good to hear for Jazz fans. Deron has nothing to gain, nothing to get, and no one to please at this point, so while the dude was a bit prickly at times, he was real and in the end, that's what should really matter.

Reflecting on his Jazz career, he said, “I had a great time. It gets overshadowed by how things ended. For me, I remember more of the good than the bad — and there wasn’t much bad. The Jazz were definitely my favorite team to play with. Coach Sloan was my favorite coach to play for, regardless of what everybody thinks.”

I'll admit I was angry as a stamped ant at the the time. I took my anger out on Deron, but in retrospect I was also angry at AK, and Boozer, and Okur's injury. And KOC for drafting the silent cipher, and for trading for Big Al. And Jerry for going out like he did, and for Phil sticking it to us like he did. And Larry was gone and Randy Rigby was on the radio.

I would cheer him if the Jazz had him attend a game.

The real question will be, will Gordo ever be forgiven?
No. This song is about his rookie year.

And in case it’s not clear, this one is about his post-Jazz life:

As much as we all love Donovan for his attitude and the fact he's happy here. Quotes like this, should be just as good to hear for Jazz fans. Deron has nothing to gain, nothing to get, and no one to please at this point, so while the dude was a bit prickly at times, he was real and in the end, that's what should really matter.

Reflecting on his Jazz career, he said, “I had a great time. It gets overshadowed by how things ended. For me, I remember more of the good than the bad — and there wasn’t much bad. The Jazz were definitely my favorite team to play with. Coach Sloan was my favorite coach to play for, regardless of what everybody thinks.”

I'll forever be a fan and hope he reads some of the love on here.

It's a process, with agents playing games with the FO, and he did what he needed to do. To hate him for that is petty IMO and fans should celebrate a guy who could flat traded who still talks well of Utah.

I don’t ever remember him saying he wouldn’t resign. All I remember is him saying something vague like we will see how good the team is. I’m still bitter

This one is about his retirement.

Yep, so unremarkable that nobody cares at this point.

Off topic, but seeing them in November. I don’t want to hear anything post-97.

The real question will be, will Gordo ever be forgiven?

No... he'd have to apologize or acknowledge how he mishandled the exit... and he never will. I may consider it water under the bridge when he's traded to Cleveland for LBJ or to NO for Davis... or if he is relegated to the bench in the next year or two. I am petty AF.